Learning Resilience and Optimism
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
Learn resilience, optimism and mental toughness - key ingredients to overcome adversity and move forward swiftly and effectively.
What do a world class manager and leader, an elite athlete, and an entrepreneur have in common? They have a resilient and optimistic mindset. A high level of resilience is quite normal. Events that derail others leave these people quite unfazed. They set about dealing with things in a constructive and productive manner.
Most of us already have some resilience – modern life and business requires at least a degree of it. This is a course for those who want to increase and enhance their resilience through science-based learning. It’s for those who want to make thinking with a resilient mindset their normal way of going about activities. This ranges from the mundane, to intense, high pressure situations.
Adversity is a fact of life. Being resilient and optimistic will enable you to master the negative influences at work and in life. You will achieve, where others struggle. This course will provide you with the capacity to:
- Persist in the face of adversity and setbacks
- Be composed under pressure
- Respond creatively to changes at work and life in general
- Effectively navigate around the icebergs of life
- Enjoy better health and well-being
- Work smarter
The material covered in this course draws on the latest research of the eminent motivational psychologist Dr. Martin E. P. Seligman. He is the author of the books Learned Optimism and Authentic Happiness.
Hundreds of studies prove that resilience and an optimistic mindset accurately predict mood, motivation, and achievement, and can be learned.
Many people and organisations have learned habits of perceiving the causes of adversities and setbacks in a pessimistic manner. This severely handicaps their capacity for the resilience needed to overcome those obstacles quickly. It also prevents them from thriving, while the less resilient wilt under similar pressures
- Explaining what makes up a resilient and optimistic mindset
- What the explanatory style is, the Seligman model of resilience, how your explanatory style directly affects your resilience and optimism
- How your current level of resilience is formed. From the impact of work and life events, belief systems, attitudes, feelings, and actions
- The process of developing and enhancing your resilience and optimism skills
- Applying the skills to your life and work
- Bounce back much faster from the left-field knocks
- Deal with staff using new levels of creativity
- Become a happier and less stressed
- Model calmness
- Gain new ways of thinking before reacting
Your organisation will:
- Develop a thriving high performance team culture
- Increase productivity
- Reduce risk of stress related claims
Who should attend
- Those who want to increase their own resilience and optimism, gaining the proven benefits of this mindset
- Managers who want to increase the resilience and productivity of their organisation, and their people
- Those who sense the value of increasing their capacity to make a resilient mindset normal.
- People seeking to pull out of the slumps faster, and make greater gains in good times
- Sales and marketing professionals looking for ways to increase their resilience and resulting sales success*