This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Want to start the Lean Thinking journey to transform your organisation?
Lean Thinking is transforming organisations. If you want to start the journey, this course is for you. It has been designed to give you an appreciation of the Lean Thinking tools, techniques, systems, processes, and measures to get your people truly engaged to build a high performing organisation. Job enrichment and engaging people is key to Lean Thinking, focus of our course agenda:
- Developing a compelling picture of the future
- Setting achievable and realistic goals
- Making the work interesting
- Empowering your people
- Growing your people
“It takes a lot of hard work to make something truly simple, to truly understand the underlying challenges and come up with elegant solutions.” Steve Jobs, co-founder Apple.
This course will cover how a few transformational leaders developed Lean Thinking and its current evolution. We will then project the future development while covering the eight key Lean elements summarised below.
You will be provided with a framework to allow you to start customising and prioritising your organisation’s Lean Thinking journey, to meet your current and future needs:
- Engaging your people
- Managing change effectively
- Four key issues and Four disciplines
- Process focus
- Measurement and visual management
- Defining waste and value
- Value stream mapping
- Cost benefit analysis
- Learn the key components and the elements of each Lean component which will allow you to apply the learnings immediately
- Influence your executive team to take the initial implementation decision and become an active participant in Lean Thinking implementation plan
- Develop the courage to experiment with the tools and techniques to build a Lean Thinking system with the potential to transform your organisation
Your organisation will:
- Develop a group of highly influential people who grasp the opportunity and run with it
- Focus on the “differentiation” which will distinguish your organisation
- Become a high performance workplace which attracts highly motivated and influential people
Who should attend
- Anyone who is interested in the Lean Thinking journey
- All senior executives who want to examine the prospects of a transformational platform
- All executives assigned responsibility for the implementation of the lean journey