Lean six Sigma Yellow Belt Training
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vision West Nottinghamshire College.Full disclaimer.
Become a productive member of a process improvement project team by achieving the Six Sigma Yellow Belt qualification. Intended specifically for business and manufacturing process improvement team members who are taking their first steps with Six Sigma processes, this course is best suited to:
- Process team members who need a qualification that demonstrates basic competence and understanding of the Six Sigma methodology.
- Project team members who need to cross-train or upskill to process improvement using Six Sigma techniques.
- Process improvement consultants who need to be able to demonstrate a high level of expertise and industry-recognised ability to clients.
- Professionals looking to re-skill or change career for a role working on process improvement projects.
Process improvement managers and team members who are looking for more successful ways of raising standards and improving operational efficiency are ideal candidates for the Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training course.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and self-study resources, the Six Sigma Yellow Belt training course is delivered online, making contents available anyplace anytime, to fit in around the student’s existing schedule and providing a quick on-the-job reference for projects they are already working on. Participants can use the built-in social networking tools to learn from other course delegates whilst end of section tests help them assess whether they are fully ready to sit the Six Sigma exam and earn their Yellow Belt designation.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The Yellow Belt designation demonstrates the student’s understanding of the basic Six Sigma processes. Designed as an introduction to the concept of Six Sigma and DMAICT, Yellow Belt delegates will learn:
- The Define phase during which projects are chosen, elements of waste are identified and wrap up and action items are defined.
- The Measure phase which shows students how to discover and measures systems and processes before applying Six Sigma statistics to each.
- The Control phase which is used to keep improvement projects on track through lean, defect, statistical process and Six Sigma controls.
- The various roles in a Six Sigma project and where the delegate fits into that framework.
- How to use common tools to perform basic improvements.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be ready to become profitable members of a Six Sigma process improvement team. Students will also receive a copy of the complete Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt manual for reference as they work on projects in the future.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Upon completion of the Six Sigma Yellow Belt course, process improvement experts and change control analysts will be able to work on a project that is being administered using the Six Sigma methodology. Other benefits include:
- A working knowledge of applying efficiency planning and analysis to any process or situation.
- How to apply Six Sigma processes to create immediate business improvements.
- Improved on-the-job performance helping students become valuable members of the Six Sigma project team.
- A wider range of employment prospects in other organisations using the Six Sigma framework.
The Six Sigma Yellow Belt course and exam are an essential first step on the road to Six Sigma mastery. It is also the perfect introduction for any project team member encountering Six Sigma techniques for the first time.