Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vision West Nottinghamshire College.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Become a productive member of a process improvement project team by achieving the Six Sigma Yellow Belt qualification. Intended specifically for business and manufacturing process improvement team members who are taking their first steps with Six Sigma processes, this course is best suited to:
- Process team members who need a qualification that demonstrates basic competence and understanding of the Six Sigma methodology.
- Project team members who need to cross-train or upskill to process improvement using Six Sigma techniques.
- Process improvement consultants who need to be able to demonstrate a high level of expertise and industry-recognised ability to clients.
- Professionals looking to re-skill or change career for a role working on process improvement projects.
Process improvement managers and team members who are looking for more successful ways of raising standards and improving operational efficiency are ideal candidates for the Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training course.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and self-study resources, the Six Sigma Yellow Belt training course is delivered online, making contents available anyplace anytime, to fit in around the student’s existing schedule and providing a quick on-the-job reference for projects they are already working on. Participants can use the built-in social networking tools to learn from other course delegates whilst end of section tests help them assess whether they are fully ready to sit the Six Sigma exam and earn their Yellow Belt designation.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The Yellow Belt designation demonstrates the student’s understanding of the basic Six Sigma processes. Designed as an introduction to the concept of Six Sigma and DMAICT, Yellow Belt delegates will learn:
- The Define phase during which projects are chosen, elements of waste are identified and wrap up and action items are defined.
- The Measure phase which shows students how to discover and measures systems and processes before applying Six Sigma statistics to each.
- The Control phase which is used to keep improvement projects on track through lean, defect, statistical process and Six Sigma controls.
- The various roles in a Six Sigma project and where the delegate fits into that framework.
- How to use common tools to perform basic improvements.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be ready to become profitable members of a Six Sigma process improvement team. Students will also receive a copy of the complete Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt manual for reference as they work on projects in the future.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Upon completion of the Six Sigma Yellow Belt course, process improvement experts and change control analysts will be able to work on a project that is being administered using the Six Sigma methodology. Other benefits include:
- A working knowledge of applying efficiency planning and analysis to any process or situation.
- How to apply Six Sigma processes to create immediate business improvements.
- Improved on-the-job performance helping students become valuable members of the Six Sigma project team.
- A wider range of employment prospects in other organisations using the Six Sigma framework.
The Six Sigma Yellow Belt course and exam are an essential first step on the road to Six Sigma mastery. It is also the perfect introduction for any project team member encountering Six Sigma techniques for the first time.
WHAT IS LEAN SIX SIGMA?
Lean Six Sigma is : A modern managerial concept combining Lean and Six Sigma that results in the elimination of the seven kinds of wastes: Transportation, Inventory, Motion, Waiting, Overproduction, Over-Processing, and Defects.
Lean is : A methodology designed to improve a business by preserving Quality and Value but with less work.
Six Sigma is : A system that is designed to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. It uses a set of quality management methods, including statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps.
SIX SIGMA FOR EVERYONE AND ANY BUSINESS!
For ANY Business : Many of the biggest companies in the world use Six Sigma, but so do many of the smallest. Six Sigma is a compelling, business improving, model that defines where a business is needlessly wasting. Every second of every day, business everywhere are duplicating paperwork, making product errors, throwing away stock, using illogical transport routes, staff not being fully utilised, unhappy customers, to name just a few. A Six Sigma trained person, can see a business from a different perspective and ultimately, greatly improve that businesses efficiency by cutting out wastage and mistakes.
For ANY Person : Six Sigma will open your mind to a new perspective that can be used in everyday life. For example, consider shopping. Many of us just “pop” to the shops every day or so, but are you wasting valuable time and money? If you implement Six Sigma Logic you will then calculate, best time to shop to avoid queues (saving wasted time), best places to shop for which items (cost reduction), best route to take to get to all required shops most efficiently vs. best route to take to avoid traffic (fuel saving) and item storage (to avoid throwing away perishable goods). With Six Sigma knowledge you could find shopping costing you less and giving you more time for more pleasurable activities. Six Sigma methodologies can be used to stop wasting electricity/gas/water etc. through to working out the viability of buying a new home.
LATEST VERSION 11 OF SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT TRAINING
The complete Lean Six Sigma DMAIC course prepares participants to perform the role of a LSS Black Belt. The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Materials are a comprehensive curriculum covering everything within the Lean Six Sigma D-M-A-I-C body of knowledge required to successfully prepare students to achieve Black Belt certifications and performance standards.
The e-Careers materials are much more than simple tools training, this curriculum is formatted in such a way that the problem-solving strategy is demonstrated throughout the course.
Units of Study
- Understanding Six Sigma
- Six Sigma Fundamentals
- Selecting Projects
- Elements of Waste
- Wrap Up and Action Items
- Welcome to Measure
- Process Discovery
- Six Sigma Statistics
- Measurement System Analysis
- Process Capability
- Wrap Up and Action Items
- Welcome to Control
- Lean Controls
- Defect Controls
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Six Sigma Control Plans
- Wrap Up and Action Items
IASSC and e-Careers Partnership Programme - Lean SIX SIGMA