Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vision West Nottinghamshire College.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Become a productive member of a Six Sigma process improvement project team by studying towards the Yellow Belt qualification. Intended specifically for process improvement team members who are completely new to Six Sigma processes, this course is best suited to:
- Process team members who need a qualification that demonstrates basic competence and understanding of the Six Sigma methodology and how it is applied to create new efficiencies and improvements.
- Project team members who need to cross-train or up-skill to learn basic process improvement using Six Sigma techniques.
- Process improvement consultants who need certificated proof of basic expertise and industry-recognised ability to clients.
- Professionals who need to re-skill to facilitate a career change for a new role working on process improvement projects.
Project managers and process improvement team members who are looking for more successful ways of raising standards and improving operational efficiency are ideal candidates for the Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training course.
Fully accredited by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC), the course uses a blend of instructor led videos and over 500 pages of active courseware. Delivered online, all course materials are available anyplace anytime, to fit in around the student’s existing schedule, or to act as a ready reference for any projects they are already engaged in.
Participants can also use the social networking tools built into the platform to learn from other course delegates. And end of section tests help learners assess whether they are fully ready to sit the official Six Sigma exam and earn their Yellow Belt designation.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The Yellow Belt designation demonstrates a student’s understanding of the basic Six Sigma framework and how it is applied to assist with process improvement projects. Designed as a basic introduction to the concept of Six Sigma and the DMAICT methodology, Yellow Belt delegates will learn about:
- The Define phase which defines how projects are chosen, elements of waste are identified and which items need to be actioned.
- The Measure phase which involves discovering and measuring systems and processes before applying Six Sigma statistics to assess efficiency and potential improvements.
- The Control phase which is used to keep improvement projects on time and budget through lean, defect, statistical process and Six Sigma controls.
- The various roles in a Six Sigma project and where the learner fits into that framework and the duties they must perform.
- How to use common tools to perform basic process improvements.
Upon completion of the Yellow Belt course, delegates will be ready to become productive members of a Six Sigma process improvement team. Students will also receive a copy of the complete Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt manual for reference as they work on projects in the future and to assist with study towards their certification exam.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Upon completion of the IASSC Accredited Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training & Certificate course, process improvement engineers and change control analysts will be able to work productively on a project that is being administered using the Six Sigma methodology. Other benefits include:
- A working knowledge of the Six Sigma process efficiency framework and how it can be applied to any process or situation.
- Improved on-the-job performance helping students become valuable members of a team using Six Sigma principles.
- Enhanced employment prospects in other organisations that use the Six Sigma framework.
- Practice questions at the end of each module.
- MOCK EXAM module at the end shown as “EXAMINATION” module which contains 100 questions.
The IASSC Accredited Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training & Certificate course and exam are an essential first step on the road to Six Sigma mastery. It is also the perfect introduction for any individual working with Six Sigma techniques for the first time.
Units of Study
- Define Phase
- Measure Phase
- Control Phase
WHAT IS LEAN SIX SIGMA?
Lean Six Sigma is : A modern managerial concept combining Lean and Six Sigma that results in the elimination of the seven kinds of wastes: Transportation, Inventory, Motion, Waiting, Overproduction, Over-Processing, and Defects.
Lean is : A methodology designed to improve a business by preserving Quality and Value but with less work.
Six Sigma is : A system that is designed to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. It uses a set of quality management methods, including statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps.
SIX SIGMA FOR EVERYONE AND ANY BUSINESS!
For ANY Business : Many of the biggest companies in the world use Six Sigma, but so do many of the smallest. Six Sigma is a compelling, business improving, model that defines where a business is needlessly wasting. Every second of every day, business everywhere are duplicating paperwork, making product errors, throwing away stock, using illogical transport routes, staff not being fully utilised, unhappy customers, to name just a few. A Six Sigma trained person, can see a business from a different perspective and ultimately, greatly improve that businesses efficiency by cutting out wastage and mistakes.
For ANY Person : Six Sigma will open your mind to a new perspective that can be used in everyday life. For example, consider shopping. Many of us just “pop” to the shops every day or so, but are you wasting valuable time and money? If you implement Six Sigma Logic you will then calculate, best time to shop to avoid queues (saving wasted time), best places to shop for which items (cost reduction), best route to take to get to all required shops most efficiently vs. best route to take to avoid traffic (fuel saving) and item storage (to avoid throwing away perishable goods). With Six Sigma knowledge you could find shopping costing you less and giving you more time for more pleasurable activities. Six Sigma methodologies can be used to stop wasting electricity/gas/water etc. through to working out the viability of buying a new home.
IASSC and e-Careers Partnership Programme - Lean SIX SIGMA