Who should attend
Ideal for Directors and Managers and anyone responsible for team and department performance outcomes or interested in building knowledge and skills in continuous improvement. Applicable to virtually every industry sector and functional responsibility.
About the course
Become a leader in driving continuous improvement with your team or department by applying Lean Six Sigma principles and tools.
The best way to stay ahead of the competition in an uncertain economy is to improve the customer experience.
That means becoming more efficient, productive and effective while delivering a higher quality product or service at a lower cost. In this course you’ll learn why organizations all across North America are turning to Lean Six Sigma to develop a focus on internal efficiencies while at the same time becoming more in tune with the Voice of their Customers. After completing this course, participants will be able to explain how Six Sigma and Lean are unique but highly complementary approaches, and when used in concert can deliver breakthrough improvements in any business sector or environment.
Participants in the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt program will be inspired to: support continuous improvement and be equipped to identify improvement opportunities; apply the basic quality tools in their respective areas of responsibility; and more effectively support and participate in improvement events and activities.
- Aligning voice of the customer with process performance to determine overall capability and improvement opportunities
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of Lean and Six Sigma
- Write effective problem statements using the Who, What, When, Where, Why, How and How much (5W2H) approach
- Construct Suppliers, Inputs, Process, Outputs, Customers (SIPOC), Process Flow and Spaghetti Maps
- Facilitate “root cause analysis” using cause and effect and the 5 Whys approach
- Generate and interpret process statistics and employ graphical analysis as an investigative tool
- Plan, facilitate and execute rapid improvement (“kaizen”) events
After completing this 3-day course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the Five Principles of Lean and the importance of flow management
- Identify the eight sources of MUDA in their respective areas of responsibility
- Understand the nature and importance of Value Stream Mapping
- Write effective problem statements with specific reference to functions and processes
- Construct SIPOC, Process Flow and Spaghetti Maps
- Complete failure mode and effects analysis to identify process risk and uncover the “hidden factory”
- Conduct Cause & Effect exercises and apply the “5 Whys”
- Understand the application of the Pareto Principle
- Better support and participate in Kaizen Events
- Encourage workplace organization including 5S/6S, visual workplace & standardization
- Understand the importance of “managing change” and learn tools to better manage change
- Explain the principles and concepts of Six Sigma and the DMAIC approach to process improvement
- Learn methods for collecting process data
- Appreciate the importance of process control and managing process variation
- Employ practical methods to assess process capability
- Understand the scientific approach to analyzing processes using statistical methods
Biography Jeff is a highly accomplished Lean and Six Sigma professional with significant experience leading continuous process/product improvement and excellence initiatives. He has trained and coached individuals and senior leaders on Lean Six Sigma methodologies and process improvement projects...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.