Lean six Sigma Yellow Belt
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
Continuous Improvement, Fast and Simple
This course is designed for participants interested in driving process improvement in their organisation without having to deal with statistical tools.
Participants will learn to identify the differences between Lean and Six Sigma, and understand the compatibility between these two methodologies. Participants will learn tools to reduce waste and improve quality within their own department.
This course will be delivered in an applied learning workshop environment, adopting the Action Learning methodology to increase the rate of transferring from knowledge acquisition to skill application. The emphasis is on learning by doing, not learning by listening. Over the two days, participants will learn and apply the Lean Six Sigma methodology and tools to improve a simulated process.
As a way to enhance learning, participants will be provided with a process improvement kit and given a week between Day 1 and Day 2 to apply the classroom knowledge to “lean” their process by reducing operational waste at their workplace.
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- DMAIC problem-solving methodology
- Understand and identify the seven Lean wastes
- Process mapping tools such as SIPOC and Cross-Functional Process Map
- Process analysis tools such as value-adding analysis and risk analysis.
- Graphical analytical and qualitative analysis tools
- Introduction to basic Lean tools
- Graphical data analysis tools
- Traditional and non-traditional creative tools
- Lean and Six Sigma process control systems
- Understand the principles and compatibility of Lean and Six Sigma
- Understand and identify the seven wastes
- Understand definitions for process and process owner
- Map your current ‘as is’ business process
- Design ‘to be’ business process
Your organisation will:
- Improve process within departments (point-kaizen)
- Improve cross functional processes (flow-kaizen)
- Engage staff through process mapping, analysis and improvement
- Improve cost, delivery and quality
Who should attend
- Managers and their team members wanting to learn continuous improvement methodology and to improve overall work efficiencies
- Functional roles in finance, accounting , operations, designing and process improvement
- Senior executives who would like to understand what Lean Six Sigma is, and what benefits they can derive from this methodology
- Professional executives interested in pursuing Green Belt or Black Belt in the future
- Participants who have completed our Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt short course may consider enrolling into our “Creative Thinking and Kaizen Process Improvement Methodology” programme. This programme is specially designed for the Lean Six Sigma practitioners keen to strengthen their team’s ability to solve less complex day–to–day business problems. Also to harness their collective creativity to develop innovative solutions in the IMPROVE phase for business process improvement.
This course is suitable for all service, assembly and manufacturing related industries including financial, telecommunications and government sectors.