Who should attend
This training is designed for business professionals experienced in Lean Six Sigma implementation who have a strong analytical background and are preparing for a career beyond being an improvement project leader. Prior Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training recommended.
About the course
Learn how to develop a long-term system of continuous improvement and align improvement efforts with your organization's top priorities.
This two-week course is for experienced Lean Six Sigma Black Belts who want to take their career beyond being an improvement project leader. The curriculum focuses on imparting leadership and change management skills geared towards successfully leading, coaching, and guiding enterprise-level system implementations well beyond the scope of traditional Lean Six Sigma projects. Participants explore how to use advanced DMAIC tools, communicate better with differing personality types, lead change through advocacy, and navigate complex financial and organizational issues within their company.
With a focus on enhancing management techniques needed for enterprise-level leadership roles, Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt candidates master the practical application of advanced statistical and analytical concepts through case studies, data sets derived from real business issues, hands-on exercises, lectures, videos, homework assignments, and graduate-level follow-up projects. New case studies, new examples, and an intensified focus on analytics and team leadership give graduates of this course highly prized, up-to-date skill sets. Whether an improvement project is Lean focused, blended Lean and Six Sigma focused, or purely Six Sigma focused, our comprehensive learning model will give participants the skills they need to lead successfully.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Develop advanced technical and managerial leadership skills in Lean Six Sigma implementation Build successful and sustainable infrastructure, processes, metrics, and culture for deployment throughout the enterprise
- Delve into strategies for training colleagues on Lean Six Sigma methods, effectively working with individuals based on their psychological type, and advocating change to executives
- Learn how to maintain the benefits of Lean Six Sigma as an enterprise-level business system and as a way of business life
Benefits to you:
- Positively impact your organization's performance metrics and bottom line results
- Develop your project execution and change management skills through hands-on activities
- Execute real projects using a detailed DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) roadmap
- Receive mentoring on a real improvement project for your organization from an experienced instructor
- Receive reference materials for use after the courses to sustain long-term success
- Comprehend concepts that exceed the ASQ standard body of knowledge
Participants will need Minitab 17 and free Smarter Solutions add-in installed on their computer prior to the commencement of the course. Minitab may purchase at a discounted rate when registering for the course. The Minitab software add-in provided by Smarter Solutions and used during the training enhances the ease and capabilities of performance metric reporting, at both the project and enterprise level.
Forrest Breyfogle is a Professional Engineer and American Society for Quality (ASQ) Fellow. He is recognized world-wide as a management thought leader. Forrest has a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Texas (UT - hook'em) and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical En...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.