Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vision West Nottinghamshire College.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Improve your knowledge of process improvement and prepare for a senior position in a project team by achieving the Six Sigma Green Belt qualification. Intended specifically for business and manufacturing process improvement team members who are looking to improve and apply their knowledge of Six Sigma processes, this course is best suited to:
- Process team managers who need a qualification that demonstrates competence, understanding and application of the Six Sigma methodology.
- Project team members who need to cross-train or upskill into process improvement using Six Sigma techniques.
- Process improvement consultants who need to be able to demonstrate a high level of expertise to clients with an industry-recognised qualification.
- Professionals looking to re-skill or change career for a role managing a process improvement team.
Process improvement team managers who require more successful ways of raising standards and improving operational efficiency using data and analytical techniques are ideal candidates for the Six Sigma Green Belt Training course.
Over 1000 active course pages are delivered online, accompanied by instructor notes and slide explanations to ensure the correct interpretation and explanation of Six Sigma topics. The implementation road maps within each phase make it easy to put the lessons into practice using problem-solving technology.
Participants can also use the built-in social networking tools to learn from other course delegates, whilst end of section tests help them assess whether they are fully ready to sit the Six Sigma exam and earn their Green Belt designation.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Fully accredited by the IASSC, the Six Sigma Green Belt course teaches students everything they need to work productively as part of a Six Sigma management team.
In addition to receiving a copy of the Six Sigma Green Belt Couse Manual, delegates will learn the specific application of the DMAIC phases involved in managing a team using Six Sigma:
- The Define phase during which projects are chosen, elements of waste are identified and wrap up and action items are defined.
- The Measure phase which is used to discover existing processes and apply analytical techniques to define an operational baseline and calculate the potential capability of each.
- The Analyse phase which uses statistical analysis and hypothesis testing to model how processes may be improved and the potential value of each improvement.
- The Improve phase which takes modelling and experimentation to the next level, helping students identify the changes that will deliver the greatest business benefits.
- The Control phase monitors changes made and records any deviations from the predicted benefits, allowing for immediate remedial action.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Upon completion of the Six Sigma Green Belt course, process improvement experts and team leaders will be able lead a team on a project that is being administered using the Six Sigma methodology. Other benefits include:
- A working knowledge of applying efficiency planning, analysis and statistical calculations to any process or situation.
- Building process models to test hypotheses and improvements before applying them to the operating environment.
- How to apply DMAIC Six Sigma processes to create immediate business improvements.
- A suitable level of knowledge and experience to head up a team working on a Six Sigma project.
- A wider range of employment prospects in other organisations using the Six Sigma framework.
The Six Sigma Green Belt course and exam are essential for candidates wanting to use head up a team working on projects using the framework. It is also the perfect introduction for any project team leader encountering Six Sigma techniques for the first time as they will acquire the basic and intermediate-level skills required to stay ahead of the team
WHAT IS LEAN SIX SIGMA?
Lean Six Sigma is : A modern managerial concept combining Lean and Six Sigma that results in the elimination of the seven kinds of wastes: Transportation, Inventory, Motion, Waiting, Overproduction, Over-Processing, and Defects.
Lean is : A methodology designed to improve a business by preserving Quality and Value but with less work.
Six Sigma is : A system that is designed to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. It uses a set of quality management methods, including statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps.
SIX SIGMA FOR EVERYONE AND ANY BUSINESS!
For ANY Business : Many of the biggest companies in the world use Six Sigma, but so do many of the smallest. Six Sigma is a compelling, business improving, model that defines where a business is needlessly wasting. Every second of every day, business everywhere are duplicating paperwork, making product errors, throwing away stock, using illogical transport routes, staff not being fully utilised, unhappy customers, to name just a few. A Six Sigma trained person, can see a business from a different perspective and ultimately, greatly improve that businesses efficiency by cutting out wastage and mistakes.
For ANY Person : Six Sigma will open your mind to a new perspective that can be used in everyday life. For example, consider shopping. Many of us just “pop” to the shops every day or so, but are you wasting valuable time and money? If you implement Six Sigma Logic you will then calculate, best time to shop to avoid queues (saving wasted time), best places to shop for which items (cost reduction), best route to take to get to all required shops most efficiently vs. best route to take to avoid traffic (fuel saving) and item storage (to avoid throwing away perishable goods). With Six Sigma knowledge you could find shopping costing you less and giving you more time for more pleasurable activities. Six Sigma methodologies can be used to stop wasting electricity/gas/water etc. through to working out the viability of buying a new home.
IASSC and e-Careers Partnership Programme - Lean SIX SIGMA