Who should attend
Individuals or teams in any organization or industry who are implementing/considering implementation of Lean Six Sigma methodology, and/or are seeking to also continue on and become a Certified Green Belt.
About the course
In partnership with Lockheed Martin.
With ever-increasing customer expectations, it is critical to take a structured approach to business performance analysis and the application of effective cost and performance techniques to achieve success. Based on Lockheed Martin’s tradition of process excellence and continuous process improvement, teamed with Rutgers University’s long standing reputation for educational excellence, we proudly introduce this immersive Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training programs. Through the combination of Lean process philosophy and Six Sigma quality tools, you are able to benefit from a dynamic blended-learning format of live classroom instruction with best-in-class computer-based training courses.
This innovative curriculum, a simulation of a week-long Kaizen event, is based on Lockheed Martin Corporation’s award-winning internal Green Belt training program and is offered exclusively to the public through Rutgers School of Business. This program is suitable for Service, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Logistics and a wide variety of other industries, and the Private, Government and NonProfit Sectors.
- Engaging e-Learning pre-work prepares you for a dynamic, interactive, team-based week in the classroom. Depending on date (see above) classes are held at Lockheed Martin’s training facility in the Mt. Laurel, NJ area OR on the Rutgers-Newark campus – 10 miles from New York City OR Rutgers University’s new Continuing Education Center in Somerset, NJ – right off I-287
- Classroom schedule: Monday–Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm | Friday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Breakfast and Lunch provided daily
Benefits for the participant You will:
- Gain the knowledge, tools and confidence to begin leading process improvement projects
- Be prepared for Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and/or Black Belt Training
- Add a valuable, in-demand skillset to your résumé
Benefits for the organization Build your team’s ability to:
- Streamline processes and reduce waste
- Improve profitability and better satisfy your customers
- Problem solve across functional areas
Just a few of the concepts and tools you’ll learn include:
- Statistical Tools
- Integration of Six Sigma & Lean
- Project Selection and Sizing
- Methodology, Strategy, and Infrastructure for Deployment of LSS
- Identifying Customer Needs
- Flowcharting and Mapping
- Quality Levels and Metrics
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Kaizen Event Management
- Takt, Cycle, and Lead Time
- Root Cause Analysis (5 Why’s and Fishbone)
- Mistake Proofing
- 61 PDUs via the Project Management Institute (PMI)®
- 4 Continuing Education Units
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.