Who should attend
FIU employees, alumni, and students
Members of the HCMBA Affinity Council
About the course
Lean Six Sigma combines Lean Manufacturing (originally developed by Toyota) and Six Sigma (originally developed by Motorola). The application of Lean Six Sigma allows quality and efficiency improvements to be effectively realized. The focus of Lean is speed, efficiency and taking waste out of a process. Six Sigma focuses on effectiveness and removal of errors. When combined it can be a powerful management tool that can greatly improve an organization’s performance, by providing a structured approach to resolving problems. This methodology, known as the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) applies in a manufacturing or service-based context. This is an advanced course designed to provide students green belt certification after completing the yellow belt certification.
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training will teach you to:
- Select the right projects
- Define the problem that needs to be solved
- Measure the current problem and baseline the process
- Analyze the process and identify the cause of the problem
- Improve the process by implementing and verifying the best solution
- Control the new process by maintaining the solution
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.