Who should attend
The Black Belt program is designed for those who will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and analysis of Lean Six Sigma projects. Black Belt training is designed to build upon and expand acquired Green Belt skills.
About the course
In Partnership with Lockheed Martin.
Learn from a leader in academic excellence and a master in Lean & Six Sigma. The Lean & Six Sigma Black Belt Training course, in partnership with Lockheed Martin, is a powerful partnership between Rutgers School of Business—Camden and Lockheed Martin Corporation, and will give you the skills and training you need to build upon and expand acquired Green Belt skills. The 8 Step Process in highly interactive and team exercises are used as a capstone to demonstrate the elimination of waste and reduction of variation using all statistical methods taught, MSA, FMEA and setting up of an optimized production line.
- Mastery of the integration of Six Sigma Methods and Lean Processes.
- Knowledge to manage Lean & Six Sigma project teams.
- Confidence in reporting through statistical methods and analysis and project metrics to management.
- Hands-on experience in leading, planning, and executing Lean projects.
- Critical-to-Customer Concepts and Quality Function Deployment
- Voice of the Customer Techniques
- Value Stream Mapping
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Statistical Software (SPC XL) is provided to all students) – Requires a recent version of Windows and of MS Excel
- Data Collection: Samples and Surveys
- Probability Distributions: Normal, Poisson, Exponential, Binomial
- Confidence Intervals
- Correlation Analysis
- Hypothesis Testing
- Design of Experiments
- Measuring Systems Analysis
- Statistical Process Control
- Change Management Approaches
- Lean & Six Sigma Strategy and Deployment
- Team-based Simulations
- Concepts and Practice for Effective Facilitation
- Mentoring Skills
- Communicating Projects to Management
Kaizen Events and Projects
- Pre-Design Kaizen (PDK)
- Project Management
- Pitfalls leading to non-successful Kaizen event and Projects and
- Steps to avoid these pitfalls
Education MHA, The Pennsylvania State University BS, The Pennsylvania State University Certifications Lean Six Sigma Black Belt University Appointments Lecturer, Jefferson College of Population Health Research & Practice Interests Process Improvement Lean Six Sigma Methodology Change Manag...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.