Lean six Sigma Black Belt Training & Exam - Iassc Accredited
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vision West Nottinghamshire College.Full disclaimer.
Master process improvement framework Six Sigma with the Six Sigma Black Belt training course. Candidates completing the IASSC-approved course will improve their knowledge of process improvement, be ready to sit the Six Sigma Black Belt exam and assume control of a process improvement project team. Intended specifically for project leaders tasked with business process improvement this course is best suited to:
- Project managers seeking an industry-recognised qualification that demonstrates competence, understanding and application of the Six Sigma methodology, coupled with team management techniques.
- Project team members who want to acquire expert-level process improvement techniques using Six Sigma techniques.
- Process improvement consultants and third party project managers who need to be able to demonstrate a high level of process management expertise to clients with an industry-recognised qualification.
- Professionals looking to facilitate a career change with a new role managing a process improvement project.
The IASSC Six Sigma Black Belt Training & Certificate course is the perfect choice for process improvement project managers who need a framework that will raise standards and improve operational efficiency using data and analytical techniques.
The package is delivered online using a series of instructor led videos, slides and over 1000 active course pages via the learning platform. Students will be able to learn at their own pace, whenever convenient, and to share their knowledge and experience with other learners through the built-in social network giving them another valuable learning resource.
The system also ensures that students fully understand each concept using end of unit tests and quizzes to assess progress. This in-module testing is backed by an end of course test that will help participants understand whether they have attained the requisite level of knowledge and experience to sit and pass the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Black Belt exam.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Fully accredited by the IASSC, the Six Sigma Black Belt course teaches students everything they need to lead a successful process improvement team, deploy resources and perform useful statistical experiments that could help identify new efficiencies and savings. In addition to receiving a copy of the Six Sigma Black Belt Course Manual (downloadable), delegates are taken through the basic level (Yellow Belt) and Intermediate level (Green Belt) levels of the framework to ensure they have a complete understanding of Lean Six Sigma methodologies by the time they start studying towards the expert (Black Belt) level:
- The Define phase during which projects are outlined, elements of waste are identified, and the management decisions required to move the project forward.
- The Measure phase which is used to quantify existing processes before applying analytical techniques to calculate the potential capability of each. Students will also be shown how to collate this information from multiple sources to make informed process improvement decisions.
- The Analyse phase which uses advanced statistical analysis and hypothesis testing to model how processes may be improved and to quantify the potential value of each improvement. Delegates will learn advanced techniques like X Sifting and testing normal and non-normal data, before defining items to action.
- The Improve phase which uses advanced modelling and experimentation techniques to identify changes that will deliver the greatest business benefits. The Black Belt level course also introduces students to advanced statistical methods including full factorial and fractional factorial experiments for in-depth process modelling.
- The Control phase monitors the progress of changes applied and records any deviations from the predicted benefits, allowing process managers to take immediate remedial action. Black Belt delegates will cover Lean, Defect, Statistical Process and Six Sigma controls to better manage the Control process.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Upon completion of the IASSC Six Sigma Black Belt Training & Certificate course, process managers will be able to administer every stage of a project that is being administered using the Six Sigma framework, including the team performing the work. Other benefits include:
- An in-depth knowledge of how to apply the Six Sigma DMAIC principles to any process or situation to realise new efficiencies and savings.
- Building analytical models to test hypotheses and improvements that will improve the operating environment, and using statistical evidence to quantify success.
- A suitable level of knowledge and experience to head up a process improvement project and manage teams working on a Six Sigma project, and to train team members in the use of the framework.
- A broader range of employment prospects in other organisations using the Six Sigma framework, or even the option of becoming a consultant who can assist on a per-project basis.
- Practice questions at the end of each module.
- MOCK EXAM module at the end shown as “EXAMINATION” module which contains 100 questions.
IASSC Six Sigma Black Belt Training & Certificate course essential for candidates who hope to sit the IASSC Lean Six Sigma qualification exams. Eventually students completing the course can expect to be managing projects and teams using the Lean Six Sigma framework. And by starting with the more basic Green and Yellow Belt concepts, candidates will have a complete understanding of the framework and be able to properly manage projects at every level.
Units of Study
- Define Phase
- Measure Phase
- Analyze Phase
- Improve Phase
- Control Phase
WHAT IS LEAN SIX SIGMA?
Lean Six Sigma is : A modern managerial concept combining Lean and Six Sigma that results in the elimination of the seven kinds of wastes: Transportation, Inventory, Motion, Waiting, Overproduction, Over-Processing, and Defects.
Lean is : A methodology designed to improve a business by preserving Quality and Value but with less work.
Six Sigma is : A system that is designed to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes. It uses a set of quality management methods, including statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization. Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps.
SIX SIGMA FOR EVERYONE AND ANY BUSINESS!
For ANY Business : Many of the biggest companies in the world use Six Sigma, but so do many of the smallest. Six Sigma is a compelling, business improving, model that defines where a business is needlessly wasting. Every second of every day, business everywhere are duplicating paperwork, making product errors, throwing away stock, using illogical transport routes, staff not being fully utilised, unhappy customers, to name just a few. A Six Sigma trained person, can see a business from a different perspective and ultimately, greatly improve that businesses efficiency by cutting out wastage and mistakes.
For ANY Person : Six Sigma will open your mind to a new perspective that can be used in everyday life. For example, consider shopping. Many of us just “pop” to the shops every day or so, but are you wasting valuable time and money? If you implement Six Sigma Logic you will then calculate, best time to shop to avoid queues (saving wasted time), best places to shop for which items (cost reduction), best route to take to get to all required shops most efficiently vs. best route to take to avoid traffic (fuel saving) and item storage (to avoid throwing away perishable goods). With Six Sigma knowledge you could find shopping costing you less and giving you more time for more pleasurable activities. Six Sigma methodologies can be used to stop wasting electricity/gas/water etc. through to working out the viability of buying a new home.
LATEST VERSION 11 OF SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT TRAINING
The complete Lean Six Sigma DMAIC course prepares participants to perform the role of a LSS Black Belt. The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Materials are a comprehensive curriculum covering everything within the Lean Six Sigma D-M-A-I-C body of knowledge required to successfully prepare students to achieve Black Belt certifications and performance standards.
The e-Careers materials are much more than simple tools training, this curriculum is formatted in such a way that the problem-solving strategy is demonstrated throughout the course.