Who should attend
Traditionally, the Belts are taken in order…. White, Yellow, Green, Black and Master Black Belt; but with this course you will not follow the traditional steps before you are enrolled into the Black Belt course. There are no pre-requisites for enrolling into our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course – just come ready to learn! However, if you have received any Belt training from another source, please contact the conference coordinator with your previous training information so we can make sure you are positioned to succeed in this course.
About the course
Learn to tie organizational goals to Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control project steps and practice applicable skills for the role of a process improvement team leader.
This two-week course is for Lean Six Sigma Green Belts with a strong understanding of the DMAIC method who want to upgrade to the Black Belt level. Lean Six Sigma Black Belts lead improvement projects in their organizations, train team members, and assist their teams with complex data analysis. The curriculum of this course delves into the soft skills needed to manage change and expands upon the tools and techniques of the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) cycle as an enterprise-level system. Instructors will discuss a roadmap of how to navigate a data-driven system that helps align and execute projects to produce significant bottom line results. With a focus on developing project execution and change management initiatives, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt candidates master the practical application of statistical and non-statistical concepts through case studies, data sets derived from real business issues, hands-on exercises, lectures, videos, homework assignments, and follow-up assigned projects.
Upon completion of the course and an initial DMAIC project with coaching from the instructor, participants will be able to understand the dynamics of their team members, organizational culture, processes, metrics, and infrastructure. Participants will also receive certification after successfully completing their project report, which will illustrate the learning objectives mastered in the course. Whether an improvement project is Lean focused, blended Lean and Six Sigma focused, or purely Six Sigma focused, our comprehensive learning model will give participants the skills they need to lead successfully.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Apply the lean Six Sigma process improvement phases of Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control (DMAIC) to their work environment.
- Track performance metrics so that a predictive statements can be made for not only a process improvement project metrics’ baselining but business performance measurement scorecards as well.
- Identify organizational process improvement performance measurement opportunities for project creation so that when a process enhancement effort is completed the business as a whole benefits.
- Effectively use analytical tools when assessing a process that is to be improved to gain insight to where process enhancement efforts should focus so that there will later be an enhancement in the process-output response.
- Utilize an enhanced, detailed DMAIC roadmap that structurally integrates lean and Six Sigma tools so that the right tool is used at the right time to improve a specific process-output’s response.
- Demonstrate the results of process improvement efforts statistically to management and others when a project’s 30,000-foot-level metric transitions to an enhanced level of predictive performance.
- Report the financial benefits of an improvement effort when the determined cost of doing nothing differently (CODND) before project initiation was reduced a lower level after project’s completion.
- Cultivation of soft skills including communication tools, leadership skills, and change management techniques.
- Exploration of the relationship between Lean Six Sigma improvement efforts, business goals, and strategies.
Benefits to you:
- Positively impact your organization’s performance metrics and bottom line results
- Develop your project execution and change management skills through hands-on activities
- Execute real projects using a detailed DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) roadmap
- Receive mentoring on a real improvement project for your organization from an experienced instructor
- Receive reference materials for use after the courses to sustain long-term success
- Comprehend concepts that exceed the ASQ standard body of knowledge
Participants will need Minitab 18 installed on their computer before the course begins, which they may purchase at a discounted rate when registering for the course. A Minitab software add-in will be provided and used during the training to enhance the ease and capabilities of performance metric reporting, at both the project and enterprise level.
Ric has been a trainer in Yellow, Green Belt and Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma and the Integrated Enterprise Excellence System at nationwide locations through Smarter Solutions, Inc. since 2010. In this role he has mentored and coached practitioners in fields including medical, manufacturing, gove...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.