Lean Operations: Process Design and Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.Full disclaimer.
With the globalization of businesses and increasing complexity of products and processes in recent years, firms are using operations tools and levers that are vital for creating and sustaining competitive advantage. One such important tool providing a key differentiator for operational excellence comprises concepts on Lean Management. The program aims at developing frameworks and tools that enables managers to exploit strategic advantage by applying Lean Practises and related concepts.
- Developing a strategic mindset for managing uncertainty and complexity in manufacturing and service
- Operations using Lean principles
- Decision making to create robust and sustainable operations competitive advantage using Lean Management
The programme is expected to train the participant in identifying and minimizing inefficient practices that reduce throughput, identifying priority areas for improvement, and developing skills for implementing continuous improvements in their respective firms.
- Strategic operations management
- Lean management: philosophy and concepts
- Design of lean process
- Implementing JIT
- Lean management in services
- Process innovations through lean thinking
- Optimization of resources
- 7 Wastes & 3 Ms
- Application of tools in lean operations (TPM, Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Heijunka, Kanban, among others)
- Workplace organization & visualization
Who should attend
Senior management in manufacturing and service sectors. Preference would be given to firms nominating 3 to 5 participants.