This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
With the globalization of businesses and increasing complexity of products and processes in recent years, firms are using operations tools and levers that are vital for creating and sustaining competitive advantage. One such important tool providing a key differentiator for operational excellence comprises concepts on Lean Management. The program aims at developing frameworks and tools that enables managers to exploit strategic advantage by applying Lean Practises and related concepts.
- Developing a strategic mindset for managing uncertainty and complexity in manufacturing and service
- Operations using Lean principles
- Decision making to create robust and sustainable operations competitive advantage using Lean Management
The programme is expected to train the participant in identifying and minimizing inefficient practices that reduce throughput, identifying priority areas for improvement, and developing skills for implementing continuous improvements in their respective firms.
- Strategic operations management
- Lean management: philosophy and concepts
- Design of lean process
- Implementing JIT
- Lean management in services
- Process innovations through lean thinking
- Optimization of resources
- 7 Wastes & 3 Ms
- Application of tools in lean operations (TPM, Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Heijunka, Kanban, among others)
- Workplace organization & visualization
Who should attend
Senior management in manufacturing and service sectors. Preference would be given to firms nominating 3 to 5 participants.
Trust the experts
Prof. Peeyush Mehta is a Professor of Operations Management at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Prior to this, he was a faculty in the Department of Industrial & Management Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. He obtained his doctoral degree from the Indian In...
Prof. Balram Avittathur is a Professor in the Operations Management Group of Indian Institute of Management Calcutta and is a faculty member of the institute since 1999. He has a doctorate degree in Management from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (Fellow, IIMB). His doctoral thesis was i...