Who should attend
Lean Operational Excellence for Service Organizations is being successfully employed by leaders in all service industries; from financial, hospitality and high-tech to healthcare and government services. This seminar will be of most benefit to VPs, directors, managers and employees in service organizations who:
- Want to learn how to employ Lean tools and techniques to reduce costs and service delivery times, and drive customer satisfaction and profitability
- Have already deployed Six Sigma strategies, but want to incorporate Lean tools, concepts and techniques to drive even greater value and success with a blended Lean Six Sigma strategy
- Want to leverage powerful Lean problem-solving tools to manage projects more successfully, drive greater value or enhance continuous improvement initiatives
About the course
For decades, lean concepts and tools have been applied extensively in manufacturing operations with very impressive results.
Recently, service sector organizations, which account for over 80 per cent of North America’s GDP, are realizing the benefits of this huge opportunity to drive service efficiencies and banish waste.
More than 200,000 leaders world-wide are trained in Lean Six Sigma. Learn how to reduce cost, deliver service to customers faster, enhance efficiency and productivity and increase customer satisfaction.
What You Will Learn
- What is Lean – its measurable benefits and how it can be applied to service and transactional operations
- How to effectively lead “kaizen” Lean projects or events in your organization
- How to effectively construct and use value stream maps
- How to identify and reduce or banish waste in processes
- Typical implementation structure, roles, steps and approaches
- Learn how Lean principles, tools and techniques can be applied to service processes to dramatically improve customer satisfaction
- Learn how to lead Lean events and establish a sustainable Lean culture – the keys to Lean success
- Use case studies, lectures, group discussions and workshops to master the Lean approach for services
The Lean-Six Sigma Connection: The Best of Both Worlds
How is Lean different from Six Sigma, and why do so many world class organizations choose to do both? Lean principles, tools and techniques focus on eliminating non value-added waste in business processes and across organizations. Six Sigma focuses on eliminating errors in processes, products and services by focusing on understanding and controlling process variation. Both Lean and Six Sigma demand a disciplined approach to problem-solving and the continuous pursuit of process excellence. Lean, therefore, is a powerful companion for Six Sigma.
Day 1: Getting Started on the Lean Journey
Key Concepts of Quality, Process Improvement and Core Concepts of Lean Thinking
- Quality tools that help organizations build a culture of excellence
- The evolution of Lean thinking
- How service organizations are using Lean to improve their customer’s experience, financial performance and competitive advantage
- Introduction to Lean principles, tools and techniques
- How to identify value and waste
- Applying Lean to a transactional process
Day 2: Building Lean Processes
Methodology and Tools to Apply Lean in Your Organization
- Learn how to build value stream maps, Identify waste
- Why and how single piece flow will transform your business
- Integrating customer demand into your processes
- The need and techniques for building an environment of excellence
- Applying lean to an end to end process
- Start seeing your business differently
Day 3: Deploying Lean in an Enterprise
Building and Sustaining a Lean Service Strategy
- Building future state visions and maps for your processes and organizations
- Strategies for deploying Lean at an enterprise level
- Organizing and leading kaizen events
- Managing the culture change that enables Lean
- Change management for Lean
- Building a future mode of operation for a service process
Biography Jeff is a highly accomplished Lean and Six Sigma professional with significant experience leading continuous process/product improvement and excellence initiatives. He has trained and coached individuals and senior leaders on Lean Six Sigma methodologies and process improvement projects...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.