Who should attend
Designed for those who want to be proficient in the fundamental tools and language of Lean and will have learned the skills to effectively guide and support process improvement activities.
About the course
Our Lean Methods Accelerator course provides you with a smart, comprehensive overview of Lean Enterprise tools and methods. Whether used to supplement a Six Sigma curriculum or as a standalone course, this interactive, practice-based short course will help to define and drive your waste reduction efforts.
- Designed for those who want to be proficient in the fundamental tools and language of Lean and will have learned the skills to effectively guide and support process improvement activities.
- Lean topics include value stream mapping, continuous flow, takt time, kaizen, line balancing, quick changeover, pullsystems, and 5-S, among others.
- Numerous case studies and examples focus on service and transactional processes, as well as production applications.
- The course includes Microsoft Excel® templates for project planning and problem solving.
- You have 180 days to complete this course.
The Ohio State University Fisher College of Business
Session 1: Introduction to Lean Methods
- The 5 Lean Principles
- What's In a Name?
- Input Determines Output
- DMAIC - The Improvement Process
- Lean and DMAIC
- Thought Process Mapping - Toolset
- Skill Check
Session 2: Lean Tools to Define and Measure
- Process Thinking
- The Source of Value
- The Source of Value: Gemba
- The 8 Forms of Waste
- Process Mapping - Overview
- Value-Added Flow Charts
- Spaghetti Charts
- Takt Time
- Value Stream Mapping Toolset
- Leveling Production (Heijunka)
- Discrete vs. Continuous Measurements
- Pareto Chart Toolset
- Kaizen Toolset
- Skill Check
Session 3: Lean Tools To Analyze, Improve, and Control
- The A3 One-Page Report
- 5-Why, 1-How
- Design for Lean Six Sigma (DFSS)
- Design For Lean - Supply Chain Dynamics
- Continuous Flow Toolset
- Quick Changeover Toolset
- Cellular Processing Toolset
- The Theory of Constraints (TOC) Toolset
- Pull System Overview
- Pull Scheduling
- Core Process Pull Toolset
- Replenishment Pull Overview
- Visual Management
- 5-S Approach
- Total Productive Maintenance
- TPM Objectives & Benefits
- TPM Metrics
- TPM Core Elements
- TPM Maintenance Activities
- Standardized Work - Documenting Process Changes
- Leader Standard Work Toolset
- Skill Check
- Course Completion
- The Lean Journey
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.