This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Develop a toolkit to oversee Lean projects in your business.
Build your understanding of the core concepts of Lean methodology to play a more active leadership role in process improvement projects and experience stronger results, increased team satisfaction and accelerated cultural change.
What you’ll learn
You will develop a Lean mindset and emerge with the insights and tools to:
- Select, scope and oversee projects that have a greater chance of success
- Apply the DMAIC framework to diagnose root cause and fix process issues
- Identify, understand and balance stakeholder interests
- Effectively apply change leadership principles to Lean projects
How you’ll learn
The program is experiential, combining methodology, tools and practical application through cutting-edge simulations to introduce frameworks and concepts, deliver familiarity with best practice and provide a change management experience.
This program focuses on a combination of the data and process analysis tools along with the collaborative people management capabilities needed to ensure successful Lean improvement projects, including:
- The essentials of Lean leadership
- Methodology, tools and frameworks
- Project selection
- Change management: engaging hearts and minds
- Successful implementation
Trust the experts
Paul has more than 20 years’ teaching experience at postgraduate level, during which time he has developed a reputation as an outstanding facilitator and coach. He has made a major contribution to the design and development of postgraduate and executive programs and materials, which support the d...
Rose Trevelyan is a member of the School of Organisation & Management, UNSW Business School. She teaches on a number of programs, including the AGSM MBA (Executive) Strategic Management Year, and AGSM Executive Programs, in the areas of strategic implementation, organisational design, leaders...