Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Winner of the 2014 Outstanding Live CME Activity Award by the Alliance for Continuing Education in the Health Professions
This award-winning workshop is an applications-oriented course designed specifically for healthcare professionals. It uses a mix of lectures, hands-on case analyses, experiential role-playing three-phased simulation, and small interactive group sessions to teach the principles of lean transformation in the hospital setting.
- Learn how to implement Lean principles.
- Understand the root causes of operational dysfunction.
- Gain new perspectives on operational improvement.
- Identify high-leverage areas for improvement.
- Identify and use the most common Lean tools for improvement.
- Understand the role of human and organizational elements in implementing and sustaining a Lean transformation.
- Earn 32 AMA PRA Category 1 credits, contact hours, or CEUs.
Keith A. Leitner is a lecturer in the Haslam College of Business at the University of Tennessee. In his role at the Graduate and Executive Education area, Keith has created and is the Lead Faculty on several programs including Lean Enterprise Systems Design Institute, Lean for Shop Floor Operatio...
Charles Noon is a professor in the Department of Business Analytics and Statistics at the University of Tennessee. He teaches in the Physician’s EMBA program, the full-time MBA program, the PhD program, and in a number of executive education programs. His teaching interests include operational im...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.