About the course
As the workforce changes, more emphasis is put on fostering a workplace that cultivates employee and personal satisfaction. This workshop will focus on a new paradigm of employee development and engagement wherein we discuss the notion of positive organizational behaviors; discovering and optimizing our personal strengths in a proactive manner to enhance our ability to lead. These behaviors, once positively focused, lead to an increased level of team communication and openness to ideas.
We will learn ways to consciously choose how we see, approach and respond to what we face in life, to embrace what we are presented with as an opportunity to learn, to develop, and to consciously transform our experience into one of growth and fulfillment. We will explore the meaning and value of mindfulness in the workplace and in every aspect of our lives, and learn tools to sustain our mindfulness throughout the day. We will examine how employing a positive perspective, even in the presence of overwhelming challenges, can improve our physical and mental health, our relationships – both professional and personal, and the outcome of our experiences.
- Assess and discuss your character strengths and brainstorm how to use your strengths to enhance your leadership skills.
- Gain an understanding of the value of being mindful in your thoughts, words and actions.
- Obtain tools you can use to maintain mindfulness both in the workplace and at home.
- Gain skills to frame your experiences and interactions in a positive light and proactively transform challenges into opportunities.
- Enhance team communication and collaboration
Kathleen Oweegon is the founder of Bridges of Peace in New Mexico, providing meeting facilitation, mediation, training and consultant services throughout the US and occasionally in other countries. She also serves on the Board of the International Institute for Global Leadership. Kathleen has be...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.