Who should attend
- Team Leader
- Senior Management
About the course
Develop the essential leadership skills necessary to lead into the smart machine age, preparing your organization for the future of work.
There is nothing like the present upheaval to put a focus on how important great leadership is to any organization. In this program, we take a different approach to leadership, one which puts the idea of the leader as servant as central, and see how this enables you to grow as a leader and create better results for your organization.
This unique program features live virtual sessions, diagnostic assessments, coaching session and leadership reflections. Live virtual classes will meet for 4 hours per day, with project and team work to be done outside of the live sessions. Led by the Darden faculty team of Professors Ed Hess, Sankaran Venkataraman and Andy Wicks.
Refine your natural management inclinations with individual coaching and discover how empathy, communication and encouragement can drive your team in extraordinary new directions.
- Learn what it means to practice leadership as a servant and the power it creates within organizations
- Become more aware of your leadership skills, how you affect others and complete diagnostics that help you better understand your impact as a leader
- Understand how servant leadership can be adapted to different organizational settings and contexts to see how it can drive improved results
- Deepen your knowledge of human behavior, including our capacity to bring out the best in people as well as our darker side, and how you can lead more responsibly
- Expand your capacity to think creatively and develop new insights essential for navigating through challenging times
Advanced preparation includes case study and book excerpt readings. The selected case studies and books will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Impact & Outcomes
- Develop your best ideas with collaborative input and without undue attachment to their execution
- Move beyond compensatory standards of risk and reward by cultivating an atmosphere of support and respect
- Lead your team through stressful projects while remaining thoughtful and empathetic
- Let go of control and allow others to do their jobs more effectively and happily
Education: MA, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India; MBA, Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta; Ph.D., University of Minnesota Sankaran Venkataraman ("Venkat") is the MasterCard Professor of Business Administration and senior associate dean for Faculty and Research at the...
Education: B.S., University of Florida; J.D., University of Virginia; L.L.M., New York University Professor Edward D. Hess spent more than 20 years in the business world as a senior executive at Warburg Paribas Becker, Boettcher & Company, the Robert M. Bass Group and Arthur Andersen. He is ...
Education: B.A., University of Tennessee, Knoxville; MA, Ph.D., University of Virginia Andrew C. Wicks is the Ruffin Professor of Business Administration at Darden. He is director of the Olsson Center for Applied Ethics, director of the doctoral program and academic advisor for the Business Rou...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.