Who should attend
- Mid- and higher-level managers
- Experienced individual contributors moving into to leadership roles
About the course
This two-day program is designed for mid- and senior-level managers and is available as part of our Executive Certificate in Management and Leadership or for the Executive Certificate in Project Management.
It’s been called The Other Kind of Smart. It’s the main reason people with average IQs outperform those with the highest IQs 70 percent of the time. Emotional intelligence lets you stay calm and think clearly under pressure, be more aware of your emotions and better regulate them, become highly motivated and engaged, and have better social skills.
Leading with Emotional Intelligence will show you how to improve your EI to become a more balanced, persuasive, and adaptable leader. Through lectures, discussions, experiential learning, and reflection and feedback, the highly personal program is designed to evoke not just “ah-ha” moments but real breakthroughs. Based on insights from leading psychologists, the Dalai Lama, and the instructor’s own work, it will help you build the specific skills you need to see more clearly, think and act more intelligently, and motivate others to high performance. In other words, you will learn to be at your best when it matters most.
Participants in this program will:
- Generate higher levels of positivity, wisdom, effectiveness, and resilience for yourself and those you lead
- Improve your ability to intentionally choose your attitude, see your choices, focus, and regulate your emotions
- Enhance the quality of your thoughts, actions, decisions, and communications
- Cultivate the key leadership skill of focusing on both immediate details (tactical leadership) and the big picture (strategic leadership)
- Improve your ability to spot trends and potential future opportunities and threats (making it easier to turn threats into opportunities
- Recognizing that the quality of the process will usually determine the quality of the results – and the experience – participants will learn to form and match results-oriented processes appropriate to their specific challenges and opportunities
Dr. James Brennan is a Professor of Practice in the Department of Management at Lehigh University where he teaches undergraduate courses in Managing and Leading People in Organizations, and Strategic Management in the Global Environment, as well as graduate courses in Leadership and Organizationa...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.