Leading With Emotional Intelligence
Apply emotional intelligence to lead more effectively.
Managers today typically have high IQs, extensive education, years of experience, and deep knowledge in their fields. As valuable as these skills and abilities are, however, none help predict success as a leader.
Research shows that emotional intelligence (EQ), totally unrelated to IQ, is actually the single biggest predictor of performance in the workplace - it accounts for 58% of performance in all types of jobs. It's also considered the strongest driver of leadership and personal excellence.
That's good news, because while IQ is basically fixed at birth, a high EQ can be actively developed. This interactive high impact course is your first step in that direction, by developing your understanding of emotional intelligence and how to harness it to improve organisational performance.
By the end of this program you will be able to:
- Use your new knowledge to change your style to influence others
- Explore motivation and values and how they influence individuals
- Coach and develop people
- Better manage staff performance
- Deal with conflict as an initiator, responder and mediator
- Enhance your emotional intelligence to inspire and coach others through the uncertainty of change initiative
- Create an action plan to set goals for developing emotional intelligence skills
This high impact course develops your self-awareness and improves your emotional intelligence by exploring the following:
- What is emotional intelligence
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Social awareness
- Relationship management
- Social intelligence
Benefits for your organisation
- Leaders will be more self-aware and better able to lead teams
- Emotionally intelligent people are self-motivated
- Increased empathy of your staff
Who should attend
Managers, team leaders, and professionals who are seeking to understand and improve their emotional intelligence to improve their effectiveness as managers and leaders.