Who should attend
Leaders and senior managers interested in building analytics capabilities to drive change within their organisation, including:
- C-level executives
- Senior managers in finance, marketing, supply chain, human resources or strategy
Although no prior experience in big data and analytics is required, participants are encouraged to complete the set of pre-readings provided to prepare for the course.
About the course
Harness the Potential of Big Data and Analytics
The convergence of big data with technologies such as cloud services, sensors, ubiquitous computing, mobile devices and the Internet of Things has created vast new opportunities for business. Big data has become a competitive and sustainable advantage for many organisations. To harness the benefits of big data, however, business leaders face the pressing challenge of not only acquiring the right technologies and talent to analyse and interpret the data, but also to weave a data-centric mindset into the organisation’s structure and cultural fabric.
This five-day programme empowers you with the skills and confidence to tackle data-driven opportunities and accelerate data-analysis transformation in your organisation. Through lectures, case studies and discussions, you will gain real-world insights on various applications of big data analytics, and how they can be used to fuel better decision-making within the context of your own organisation.
- Big data analytics: Technologies, policies, analytics methods
- Big data and actionable intelligence in business: Optimisation and visualisation techniques, engaging stakeholders
- Disruptive innovation: Creating new opportunities in mature markets
- Distilling value from big data: Developing a strategy roadmap, privacy implications, traps and myths
- Change management: The role of data analytics and its applications
- Examples and cases: Risk management, HR analytics, legal analytics, consumer and retail analytics
- Discover how big data and analytics can help your business accelerate innovation and achieve a competitive and sustainable edge
- Be exposed to some of the most recent ideas and techniques in big data and analytics
- Learn to understand, interpret and trust the data that goes into your analytics to make business-critical decisions
- Learn to build a data-driven culture across your organisation
Professor Keppo teaches risk management and analytics courses, and directs analytics executive education programs at NUS Business School. He is also Co-Director of NUS Business Analytics Center. Previously, he taught at the University of Michigan. He has several publications in the top-tier jour...
Faculty & Professorship Harvard University, Stanford University (BioDesign), National University of Singapore, TsiingHua University (AIEIP) Co-Founders of Technology Ventures Biomedical [AWAK, Rocesco, Rezi] FinTech [REIDAO] Lifestyle [Lumos Helmet] SpaceTech [AstroHub, TinyMOS, SG Cosmos) Aw...
Mr Mikko Niemelä is the CEO of Cyber Intelligence House, a leading cyber intelligence agency which he established in Singapore in 2015 to help organisations and individuals detect and monitor their cyber exposure. He is also the Founder of Silverskin, a cyberattack company he established to help ...
Dr. Prasanta Bhattacharya is a Research Assistant with the Department of Information Systems & Analytics in the School of Computing at National University of Singapore (NUS). His research interests lie broadly in the area of computational social science, where he leverages statistical and com...
Recognition & Awards 2016 SUTD Excellence in Teaching Award (Awarded to one faculty member out of 110 each year) 2013 ISPIM-WILEY Best PhD Dissertation Award (Selected among 150 nominees from 40 countries) IDC Research Grant SUTD-ZJU Research Grant SUTD Startup Research Grant Cambridge Europ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.