Who should attend
This workshop has been designed for mid-level managers. However, sessions may also be appropriate for general staff and supervisors to attend.
About the course
Everybody sees the world through a personalize lens that has been shaped by their experiences and that lens can impact unconscious thinking. There is a direct link between our unconscious thinking and actions and behaviors which can result in the development of unconscious biases. This training will provide strategies and techniques for addressing unconscious bias to positively impact diversity challenges, career advancement, and workplace dynamics.
What You Will Learn
- Definition, understanding, and a demonstrated awareness of unconscious bias
- How to recognize the implications of unconscious bias in the workplace as it relates to recruitment, classroom management, team dynamics and career development
- How to apply strategies and techniques for managing unconscious bias
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the link between unconscious thinking and our actions and behaviors.
- Learn and demonstrate strategies for addressing unconscious bias.
- Positively impact organizational diversity.
- Positively impact workplace dynamics.
- Remove a source of limitations from career advancement.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.