Leading Virtual Teams
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
In today’s digitally connected global environment, many organizations opt to operate virtually with a remote or partially remote workforce. This certificate program is designed to improve your ability to effectively manage a remote or virtual team. Through the five courses, you will examine the unique opportunities and challenges that come with remote work and explore strategies to enhance your ability to lead your team to success.
You will begin the program by exploring strategies for establishing trust, engagement, and commitment: key cultural elements that can help teams meet their goals and can prevent remedial action. Then, you will examine methods for encouraging constructive conflict, building accountability, and fostering effective decision-making in a culture where employees are not together in a physical location. By the end of the program, you will be prepared to successfully lead multicultural virtual teams and manage common challenges that can arise in a remote environment.
- Building High-Performing Virtual Teams
- Launching Virtual Team Projects
- Virtual Communication, Constructive Conflict, and Collaboration
- Decision-Making and Accountability
- Diversity and Cross-Cultural Teams
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Learn strategies to elevate the performance of virtual teams
- Build a foundation of trust, team identity, and engagement to allow your team to move forward, reach key goals, and avoid remedial action
- Master suggested best practices for effectively managing conflict, communication, and collaboration on virtual teams
- Explore methods for creating a more focused, results-driven team that reaches and executes smart decisions
- Manage cross-cultural differences on teams
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Leading Virtual Teams Certificate from SC Johnson College of Business
- 40 Professional Development Hours
Who should attend
- Leaders and executives in any industry who are leading or launching virtual teams
- Individual contributors to virtual teams who aspire to a leadership role
- Consultants who are brought in to support a project-based team virtually