Who should attend
Specifically, this programme is suitable for:
- Senior executive and leaders
- Aspiring leaders
- Those responsible for a leading a team
About the course
To be a leader is to engage those around you in a common vision for the future. Whether this is a vision of corporate success, collective action or shared impact, leadership requires the ability to build a narrative for others to commit to.
Anyone with leadership responsibilities recognises the need for effective communication, and a core leadership skill is the ability to weave a narrative which captures complex ideas, challenging messages and calls to action. The use of ‘story’ in your communication isn’t something unprofessional, wacky or inappropriate, rather it is one of the most effective tools leaders have at their disposal.
This highly practical, experiential and interactive programme examines and develops the crucial skill of leadership narrative. Aimed at those with team leadership responsibilities, the programme will explore what leadership narrative is, how and why it works, and the impact it can have at both an individual and group level.
Leading through Narrative is specifically designed to fit easily into your busy schedule. At the beginning and end of the programme are two days of face-to-face delivery, with the opportunity to interact, engage and learn from others in a safe classroom environment within the grounds of Churchill College, University of Cambridge.
- Blended learning: Face-to-face and online delivery – We’ve combined the best of face-to-face and online learning so that you receive the benefits of building relationships and learning from your peers, together with virtual self-guided elements to work through in your own time.
- Practical application – At The Møller Institute, we go beyond just learning and understanding: you will have the opportunity to explore how to apply the knowledge to your own world.
- 1-2-1 and peer coaching – Raise your awareness to support your own development as you move through the programme with individual coaching alongside peer coaching within your cohort.
- Inter-modular support – The programme team are dedicated to your learning and are available for any support you need between the modules as you progress.
- Expert-led – We work with experts and engaging facilitators to ensure you benefit from accessing the best knowledge and information throughout this highly-engaging programme.
This programme will provide you with an opportunity to embed narrative and story-telling into your leadership practice. Each session is specifically designed to provide you with the knowledge and insight into what a narrative in leadership looks like and why it is significant, alongside the skills to create and deliver an effective and impactful message.
Steve began his career as a commercial litigation lawyer first in a London-based global firm before practising in the West-End of London. During his time as a practising solicitor Steve began doing stand-up and sketch comedy open spots around the country as a hobby. After winning a prestigious na...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.