About the course
Leading with influence to better manage stakeholders and drive performance
The capacity to influence others is the key definer of effective leadership, however, many leaders struggle with how to influence not only their team but also their peers, their managers and the organisation as a whole.
What you’ll learn
The capacity to influence others is crucial skill for the success of senior leaders, managers and individual contributors. This program will increase participants ability to:
- Effectively communicate on a day-to-day basis to move past challenges and disagreements to decision making, eliciting commitment from others
- Influence team members, colleagues and key stakeholders in a variety of contexts and, at times, challenging situations
- Prepare and deliver critical information to key stakeholders that will influence their audience to make commitments and embrace change
How you’ll learn
The program will introduce various theories on the core aspects of how to influence at the individual, team and organisational level. Each theory session will be followed by hands-on practice, reflection group/individual coaching sessions.
You will receive a post program resources pack that will ensure maximum transferability of learning and skills back in the workplace.
- Working with and managing stakeholders
- Sources and uses of power
- Principles of persuasion and influencing
- Building and maintaining a network
- Organisational influencing strategies
- Personal influencing strategies
- Adapting personal style to suit the stakeholder audience
- Overcoming obstacles through building alliances
Peter is a 1974 graduate of architecture at Sydney University. Like all good architecture graduates in those days, he pursued an acting career, which spanned nearly 20 years, with extensive experience in theatre, film and television. In 1991, yearning for change, he found himself in the world of ...
Christopher is a Director of The Sanciolo-Bell Group and has 25 years experience in leadership and executive development. He is also an Adjunct Faculty member for the Australian Graduate School of Management at the UNSW Business School. From 2000 to 2012 Christopher was the CEO of The Leadership ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.