Who should attend
This program is designed for managers and executives from all industries and functions who may be tasked with responding to crisis events within business units, functional teams or the larger organization.
About the course
A crisis is a make-or-break moment in the lifetime of your team, business unit or organization, requiring immediate action from leaders at every level.
And yet, the majority of those trusted to navigate tumultuous times have developed leadership skills throughout a career defined by far less dire circumstances, and hired based on success within the status quo.
It's no surprise that leaders are often caught unaware and unprepared in the moments where their ability to rally a team or turnaround matters the most.
This 2-day crisis leadership program combines hands-on global executive leadership expertise with recent theoretical research from diverse disciplines, delivered via interactive remote learning.
In this program you will learn:
- Practical frameworks and industry best practices that can immediately be applied to crisis situations, including the current COVID-19 pandemic
- To understand the value of a crisis
- The six behaviours of effective crisis leaders
- To leverage the power of a leader's optimism to inspire in despair, while avoiding the "optimism trap"
- Gain an appreciation for the importance of how a leader’s presence, practice and passion impact performance in a crisis
- Improved situational and personality awareness, along with an understanding of how these affect behaviour during a crisis
- Identify specific areas of improvement by reflecting on past crisis experiences
- Adopt best practices curated from successful crisis leaders
- Improve crisis leadership competencies at all levels of the organization
- Limit the damaging effects of crises and leverage opportunities inherent in turbulent times
- Improved ability to identify, plan for and avoid crises before they occur
Daniel heads Resolut Consulting, a global leadership development firm headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with associate consultants located around the world. Over the course of his nearly 30-year career, Daniel held various leadership roles in diverse businesses including global firms across wide...
Daniel is widely known as a leader in the Canadian and global communications community. He is the CEO and principal owner of the Argyle Group, one of Canada's largest communications consulting firms, and previously served as chair of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Mana...
In her role as Executive Vice Chairman Ann represents Mastercard around the world, focusing on inclusion, diversity and innovation. She plays the important role of senior ambassador and executive leader and sits as part of the company’s global management committee. Prior to her current appointmen...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.