Who should attend
This course is for anyone who leads projects, meetings, activities or teams in a work context. It is for formal and informal leaders alike, with a focus on the traits of leadership that are not constrained to formal managers.
You should take it if you can see that your team could work more effectively and want to explore ways of supporting that to happen. It is suitable for both people who are new to leadership and those who have been a leader for many years.
Our typical participants are very diverse and include Leadership Teams, CEO’s, Managers, Directors, Heads of Departments, and Entrepreneurs, as well as people without formal leadership responsibilities, across a wide range of industries.
About the course
Enable you and your team to work better together, be more effective and reach your goals. Get the modern tool belt for culture, collaboration and leadership in times of change and complexity.
Accelerate collaboration to seize your team's potential
The structure and function of work has changed more in the last 250 years than in the previous 250,000. Digital technologies, and the ways they influence our personal and work lives, are radically changing the world. No matter what industry you work in, you have, over the past decade, experienced some form of disruption, driven by technology and its influence on human behavior.
This course enables you to strengthen you and your team’s capacity to be highly effective, even in this environment of constant change and uncertainty. Learn how to create a strong culture, deal with conflict and harness the diversity of individuals to build an adaptive and responsive team able to navigate the modern working world.
- Get the competence Master and apply the building blocks of modern teamwork: Be more creative. Support colleagues. Handle conflict. Lead exceptional meetings. Collaborate and learn constantly. Have fun.
- Get the confidence Support and lead your team through good days and bad. Learn to navigate uncertainty, disruption and change. (Even if you're not the boss.)
- Get the job done Do what it is that you do, just better. Use your own work directly in the course. Test and apply new tools and approaches to develop your team and deliver results.
What you'll learn
You'll learn to be a better leader, collaborator and colleague, regardless of your role. And you'll create value for yourself, your team and your company.
We'll cover all the essentials of modern teamwork to set you up to thrive in the changing workplace of today. You'll get tangible take-aways on all levels; from mindset, mental models and new ways of working, to cases, tools and tactics you can apply directly at work.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand a range of models and theories related to leadership and teamwork that support individuals and teams to work more effectively together.
- Design and run team development workshops in topics from defining team culture to handling conflict, giving effective feedback and harnessing the diversity of individuals.
- Identify and address team challenges, selecting appropriate tools and processes to support colleagues and lead teams through everyday uncertainty, disruption and change
Seven areas of study
- The Digital Age, Leadership and Teams How to approach the massive structural changes happening in society and the implications they have for organizations.
- Creating Effective Teams The modern fundamentals of team development and the tools and techniques you can apply to foster the conditions for success on a daily basis.
- Team Culture For Handling Change How teams can foster mindsets, cultures and practices that are optimized for a context of change and uncertainty.
- Prototyping New Ways Of Working Methods and tools to deploy to make the teamwork we do focused, energized, creative and geared for the best possible output.
- Handling Conflict Conflict is a normal and predictable part of collaboration, but when handled well it can be the fuel that accelerates the team to its next level of effectiveness.
- Harnessing Team Diversity How to better understand differences among members of a team, increase awareness of them, and construct the conditions for diverse teams to create magic from their differences.
- Continuous Team Development Building an effective team that is both highly deliberate in applying structure and rules, while continuously learning and revising ways of working.
How you will learn
The Hyper Island approach is different from a traditional online course. We combine hands-on learning in your workplace with a fast-paced online environment to create a powerful experience that truly pays off.
- Every Saturday, the weekly module is introduced. You will receive a Learning Kit consisting of original content and insights to maximize your knowledge. The course content is available for you to go through at any time you choose during the week.
Join live sessions
- The one-hour online webinar session is scheduled on Wednesdays 15:00-16:00 CET and held by experts and course facilitators. They will dig deeper into the weekly module content and discussing questions and challenges. You can join it live or watch the recording in your own time.
- Every week, there will be hands-on tasks and challenges to solve. They are designed to integrate with your work to build your competence. The deadline for sharing your results from your challenges and reflection on the process will be on Sundays.
Peer learning and perspective
- We find that much of the learning comes through interactions and discussion from your peers on the course. As part of your journey, you will read other participant ́s work and share your perspective to create an interactive participatory experience.
- This course is designed to be flexible to your schedule. The time commitment is individual, however you are expected to spend approximately 5-7 hours per week on your learning.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.