Leading Teams in the Digital age
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Hyper Island.Full disclaimer.
Accelerate collaboration to seize your team's potential
The structure and function of work has changed more in the last 250 years than in the previous 250,000. Digital technologies, and the ways they influence our personal and work lives, are radically changing the world. No matter what industry you work in, you have, over the past decade, experienced some form of disruption, driven by technology and its influence on human behavior.
This course enables you to strengthen you and your team’s capacity to be highly effective, even in this environment of constant change and uncertainty. Learn how to create a strong culture, deal with conflict and harness the diversity of individuals to build an adaptive and responsive team able to navigate the modern working world.
- Get the competence Master and apply the building blocks of modern teamwork: Be more creative. Support colleagues. Handle conflict. Lead exceptional meetings. Collaborate and learn constantly. Have fun.
- Get the confidence Support and lead your team through good days and bad. Learn to navigate uncertainty, disruption and change. (Even if you're not the boss.)
- Get the job done Do what it is that you do, just better. Use your own work directly in the course. Test and apply new tools and approaches to develop your team and deliver results.
What you'll learn
You'll learn to be a better leader, collaborator and colleague, regardless of your role. And you'll create value for yourself, your team and your company.
We'll cover all the essentials of modern teamwork to set you up to thrive in the changing workplace of today. You'll get tangible take-aways on all levels; from mindset, mental models and new ways of working, to cases, tools and tactics you can apply directly at work.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand a range of models and theories related to leadership and teamwork that support individuals and teams to work more effectively together.
- Design and run team development workshops in topics from defining team culture to handling conflict, giving effective feedback and harnessing the diversity of individuals.
- Identify and address team challenges, selecting appropriate tools and processes to support colleagues and lead teams through everyday uncertainty, disruption and change
Seven areas of study
- The Digital Age, Leadership and Teams How to approach the massive structural changes happening in society and the implications they have for organizations.
- Creating Effective Teams The modern fundamentals of team development and the tools and techniques you can apply to foster the conditions for success on a daily basis.
- Team Culture For Handling Change How teams can foster mindsets, cultures and practices that are optimized for a context of change and uncertainty.
- Prototyping New Ways Of Working Methods and tools to deploy to make the teamwork we do focused, energized, creative and geared for the best possible output.
- Handling Conflict Conflict is a normal and predictable part of collaboration, but when handled well it can be the fuel that accelerates the team to its next level of effectiveness.
- Harnessing Team Diversity How to better understand differences among members of a team, increase awareness of them, and construct the conditions for diverse teams to create magic from their differences.
- Continuous Team Development Building an effective team that is both highly deliberate in applying structure and rules, while continuously learning and revising ways of working.
What you’ll be doing
This 6-week online course is designed to be flexible to your schedule. The majority of the course content and tasks are available for you to go through any time you choose during the week, with the exception of a weekly one-hour webinar session which is scheduled on Thursdays 15:00-16:00 CET. Expect to spend 5-7 hours per week on your learning, although often this can be integrated into your existing day to day work.
The Hyper Island approach is different from a traditional online course. We combine hands-on learning in your workplace with a fast-paced online environment to create a powerful experience that truly pays off.
- View inspiring content Learning kits and videos packed with insights to maximize your knowledge.
- Join live sessions Live sessions with experts to troubleshoot your hurdles and accelerate your progress. Join live or watch the recording on your own time.
- Solve hands-on tasks Tasks and challenges designed to integrate with your work to build your competence.
- Get feedback and collaborate Feedback and peer-collaboration to accelerate your learning.
Who should attend
This course is for anyone who leads projects, meetings, activities or teams in a work context. It is for formal and informal leaders alike, with a focus on the traits of leadership that are not constrained to formal managers.
You should take it if you can see that your team could work more effectively and want to explore ways of supporting that to happen. It is suitable for both people who are new to leadership and those who have been a leader for many years.
Our typical participants are very diverse and include Leadership Teams, CEO’s, Managers, Directors, Heads of Departments, and Entrepreneurs, as well as people without formal leadership responsibilities, across a wide range of industries.