Who should attend
- Managers Seeking to Maximize Team Performance
- Leaders of cross-functional teams.
- Leaders responsible for creating team-based organizational systems.
- Team members who can influence leadership & collaboration on teams.
About the course
Knowing how to lead an effective team is key for every leader. CCL’s program, Leading Teams for Impact, provides insight and tools to build a better team.
Matrixed organizations, cross-functional teams, geographically dispersed teams – it’s all the norm in today’s world. Knowing how to effectively lead a team is a core leadership skill. Getting those with differing leadership styles, experiences and knowledge aligned around a common goal isn’t easy. Often, knowing how to effectively facilitate a team is the key to success.
Leading Teams for Impact is designed to give leaders the skills needed to overcome group challenges, maximize team performance and achieve the results that matter most for success.
What Do Participants Learn?
Attend a 4-day program and acquire the ability to:
- Boost team success by delivering results despite external pressures & limited resources.
- Make trust & conflict management a shared responsibility of each team member.
- Influence others within the organization, so that the team can achieve greater results.
- Meet the changing — and often complex — needs of a co-located, virtual or dispersed team.
What Are the Challenges Addressed?
- Aligning team members around a common goal & direction.
- Bridging boundaries – geographic, cultural & organizational.
- Leading without formal authority.
- Managing conflict & leveraging constructive conflict.
- Getting commitment to team goals versus individual successes.
Why Choose Leading Teams for Impact?
- Outdoor team leadership simulation engages participants allowing them to try out new behaviors in a safe, feedback-rich environment.
- In-depth assessments & 1:1 with a certified CCL coach provides understanding and helps you shape your long-term development plan.
- Research-based curriculum uses CCL’s Team Needs Effectiveness framework, exploring trust & conflict within the team.
- Extensive networking opportunities with others.
- Peer learning provides feedback, suggestions & support.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.