Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Center for Creative Leadership.Full disclaimer.
Having a strategy is not enough. Successful execution is key for results that matter and the CCL program, Leading Strategically, provides leaders with skills to handle complexity, bridge boundaries and shape organization culture to be successful at this level.
Senior leaders face the challenge of getting everyone from the executive team to the front lines moving in the right direction together. But getting everyone aligned around the same goals and committed to the big picture isn’t easy. This program develops the skills to think, act and influence strategically.
What Do Participants Learn?
As a result of attending this program, participants will acquire the ability to:
- Align leadership & organizational strategies.
- Identify the key drivers for leadership & organizational strategies.
- Think, act & influence strategically.
- Understand the implications of culture on strategic leadership.
- Leverage conflicting organizational priorities.
- Create direction, alignment & commitment across organizational boundaries.
What Are the Challenges Addressed?
- Managing increased complexity & tensions that come from change.
- Influencing organization culture.
- Assessing conflicting priorities.
- Balancing short-term action with long-term priorities.
- Working across boundaries.
Why Choose Leading Strategically?
- A dynamic business simulation offers an opportunity to try out new skills in a safe, supportive environment.
- Research-based content is personalized based on each participant’s current strategic challenges.
- In-depth assessments & 1:1 executive coaching helps participants understand their own leadership style & shapes a long-term development plan.
- Extensive networking opportunities.
- Peer learning provides feedback, suggestions & support.
What Will the Program Experience Include?
The program involves a 3-phased approach:
PHASE 1: PREPARE
A comprehensive assessment of leadership skills is a powerful component of the program. Pre-program leadership assessments:
- Give a detailed picture of leadership strengths, behaviors & preferences.
- Identify & clarify development needs.
- Establish a foundation for significant personal & professional growth.
Prior to the program, participants identify a Strategic Leadership Challenge and have a 60-minute phone call with an executive coach to discuss and clarify.
PHASE 2: ENGAGE
For 5 days, participants focus on:
- A business simulation to experience the creation, implementation, & execution of strategy.
- Experiential activities, practice sessions & deeper learning.
- A personal session with a certified CCL coach to clarify thinking & plan next steps.
- Peer learning groups to provide feedback, insight, suggestions & support.
PHASE 3: APPLY
Post-program participants apply & sustain their learning via ongoing support:
- Two 60-minute phone coaching sessions with a certified CCL coach.
- A job aid to help participants utilize tools introduced in the program.
- Access to eLearning (courses, books, checklists, etc.) designed to reinforce lessons learned.
- Optional, fee-based learning & support ( extended coaching engagements, additional eLearning packages) & custom initiatives to connect individual development to organizational needs.
Who should attend
Executives and Senior Leaders whose work has strategic implications for their organization.