Who should attend
This programme is suitable for executives involved in different project roles (leaders, sponsors or implementers) involved in:
- Managing complex projects
- New product or service development and planning marketing campaigns
- Driving change management initiatives, mergers/ acquisitions or organisational restructuring
- Implementing breakthrough projects, creating new business models, setting up new businesses/ subsidiaries
Participants are not required to have had specialised project management training, but will usually be responsible for implementing strategic projects. Executives with little or no project management experience are also welcome to attend if they are seeking to acquire a framework for project leadership and management.
Those who primarily seek hands-on training on specific technical aspects such as PERT/GERT charts or work breakdown structures are recommended to look for other programmes.
About the course
Organisations rely on their managers to lead and execute strategic projects in order to realise their broader objectives.
Initiatives such as mergers, acquisitions, product launches and strategic realignments all demand skills in navigating complexity, understanding risk and managing stakeholders.
If managers lack these capabilities, organisations will struggle to take advantage of new opportunities, drive change or create value.
An effective project needs more than good planning and scheduling; it needs to be managed efficiently too, avoiding pitfalls and delivering the right outcome.
In any project, you must address:
- Complex issues and diverse, conflicting requirements
- Unforeseen developments and a high degree of uncertainty
- The importance of building relationships within teams and with stakeholders, where you provide leadership and facilitate knowledge transfer
- The different management approaches required for different projects and their goals.
We adopt a managerial – rather than technical – perspective, focusing on issues that concern those who lead projects. We also consider the impact on those who may have oversight and those who will be required to implement new initiatives.
The new ‘Live Online’ format of this programme provides an opportunity to network with participants from all over the world, from different industries and sectors, giving you unique perspectives on leading strategic projects.
This highly interactive programme comprises simulations, exercises, role-playing games, cases, discussions and lectures. With simulations, exercises, role-playing games, cases, discussions and lectures, all sessions are highly interactive. You will leave the programme with a clear understanding of concepts and practical tools which you can directly apply to your own projects.
- Planning and control
- Managing uncertainty
- Relationship management
- Aligning your project with strategy.
- Improve your project-based skills, to deliver your projects to objectives, on time and on budget
- Learn the fundamentals of better planning and control
- Learn to handle complexity and uncertainty to cope with difficult external environments
- Understand and manage project teams and stakeholders relationships
- Understand strategy cascading.
Margaret Thatcher Professor of Enterprise Studies in Innovation & Growth Director of the Entrepreneurship Centre Diploma (National Technical University of Athens), MSc, PhD (INSEAD) Research interests The effectiveness of new product development (NPD) decisions with a particular focus on t...
Director of Cambridge Judge Business School Professor of Management Studies Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing. (Darmstadt Institute of Technology), MBA (University of Tennessee, Knoxville), PhD (Stanford Graduate School of Business) Research interests How organisations make innovation happen; this includes...
Reader in Operations Management Director of Executive Education MBA, PhD (Case Western University) Research interests Project management; knowledge management; business value of technology. Subject group: Operations & Technology Management Professional experience Dr Sengupta has served as...
Research interests Interpersonal relationships in organisations; social networks; interpersonal cognition; interpersonal and group processes; teamwork. Subject group: Organisational Behaviour Professional experience Patrizia has taught professionals and executives around the world in topics such...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.