Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Senior to mid-level leaders across all sectors tasked with the strategic direction of their organisation
- Leaders looking to respond to industry change or to deepen their existing strategy
- Strategy Directors looking to increase their skills and capabilities
- Business development managers and consulting directors from all industries.
About the course
The imperative for strategic change within an organisation can be triggered by a variety of internal and external factors.
Strategic change can be driven by the deepening of an existing strategy, by diversification into new product categories, geographical expansion, growth initiatives, industry disruption or changing customer preferences. All these can demand substantial changes in a company’s relationships and capabilities and can quickly expose the limitations of an otherwise successful strategy.
This programme, in its new ‘Live Online’ format will help you design strategic renewal and change initiatives that will boost your organisation’s competitiveness and profitability. You will be able to assess how organisational cultures and structures can be both barriers and enablers of change.
Critically, you will learn how to navigate your organisation to build the case for change, sell-in your plan and overcome objections and obstacles.
Over the course of the programme, you will also be given the opportunity to develop your own strategic change and renewal plan for your organisation
- Introduction to strategic change and renewal
- Investigation of strategic change with the deepening of strategy
- Cultures and structures: barriers to or enablers of change?
- Managing contradictions and issue selling
- Investigation of strategic renewal as a response to industry disruption
- Development of your own strategic change and renewal plan.
By the end of this two-day programme, you will have:
- Developed a strategic renewal plan that maps and explains the reconfiguration of resources and capabilities, key activities and processes
- Benefitted from the interactive nature of the programme: with discussions around real life examples combined with practical exercises, small group brainstorming and coaching
- Addressed practical challenges with your own strategic change plan
- Understood, and be able to articulate to others, when and why strategic change is needed.
BSc (Queen''s University), MA (University of Oxford), PhD (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Research interests Organisational and social change processes; business strategies for environmental sustainability; industrial ecology and industrial symbiosis; qualitative research methodology. Pro...
Beckwith Professor of Management Studies BS (Orta Dogu Teknik Universitesi), MBA, PhD (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) Research interests Strategy formulation and renewal; CEO and executive team competencies (human and social capital); corporate governance (board of directors). Su...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.