Who should attend
- Senior to mid-level leaders across all sectors tasked with the strategic direction of their organisation
- Leaders looking to respond to industry change or to deepen their existing strategy
- Strategy Directors looking to increase their skills and capabilities
- Business development managers and consulting directors from all industries.
About the course
Strategic renewal and change is a constant necessity and reality of a successful organisation
The imperative for strategic change within an organisation can be triggered by a variety of internal and external factors.
Strategic change can be driven by the deepening of an existing strategy, or by diversification into new product categories, geographical expansion, growth initiatives, industry disruption or changing customer preferences.
All these can demand substantial changes in a company’s relationships and capabilities and can quickly expose the limitations of an otherwise successful strategy.
How you can make a difference
This unique two-day programme will help you design strategic renewal and change initiatives that will boost the organisation’s competitiveness and profitability. You will learn how to map the required configuration of capabilities and key activities, with a close focus on the implementation of these changes.
Critically, you will learn how to navigate your organisation to build the case for change, sell-in your plan and overcome objections and obstacles.
- What is a strategy
- Understanding when strategic change or renewal is essential
- Calculating how much resource and capability reconfiguration will be needed
- Assessing alternative paths of renewal
- Creating a personal and actionable strategic renewal business plan to capture the changes in value proposition, capability and key processes
- Anticipating implementation challenges and factoring potential solutions into your plan
- “Selling-in” your plan.
By the end of this two-day programme, you will have:
- Developed a strategic renewal plan that maps and explains the reconfiguration of resources and capabilities, key activities and processes
- Benefitted from the interactive nature of the programme: with discussions around real life examples combined with practical exercises, small group brainstorming and coaching
- Addressed practical challenges with your own strategic change plan
- Understood, and be able to articulate to others, when and why strategic change is needed.
BSc (Queen''s University), MA (University of Oxford), PhD (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Research interests Organisational and social change processes; business strategies for environmental sustainability; industrial ecology and industrial symbiosis; qualitative research methodology. Pro...
Beckwith Professor of Management Studies BS (Orta Dogu Teknik Universitesi), MBA, PhD (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) Research interests Strategy formulation and renewal; CEO and executive team competencies (human and social capital); corporate governance (board of directors). Su...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.