Who should attend
Senior executives and leaders
- In companies providing professional services in areas such as law, accounting, architecture and engineering, consulting, venture capital, investment banking, technology, health and research
About the course
Enhance your leadership and maximise value for clients with the only course of its kind in Australia.
Get the skills and insights to position your organisation for long-term success.
The Leading Professional Service Firms program is designed for senior leaders at companies providing services in areas like law, accounting, engineering, consulting, venture capital, health and technology.
Created to recognise the growing importance of the professional service sector to the economy, the course focuses on how to attract and retain the best talent, maximise value for clients and stay steady through business ebbs and flows.
Plan for the future
- Understand what's changing in tomorrow's world and how you can navigate uncertainty
- Develop a long-term business plan to drive future performance
Develop a talent strategy
- Attract, develop and retain talented professionals who will ensure growth
- Build a culture that is inclusive, supportive and collegial, while also fostering organisational and individual achievement
- Help professionals endure and remain productive throughout their careers
- Implement governance, decision-making and performance metrics that suit your organisation's strengths
- Deliver maximum value to your clients and the enterprise
- Maintain organisational alignment through business ebbs and flows
Find out what's changing in the world of tomorrow and how you and your organisation can navigate uncertainty
Determine which activities you should deploy to engage clients and increase the effectiveness of current initiatives
Find out how to get individual contributors working effectively in teams and leverage your time more efficiently as a leader
Learn about the importance of resilience as a leader and how you can incorporate resilience strategies into your daily work
Professor Ian O. Williamson is Pro Vice-Chancellor and Dean of Commerce at Victoria Business School (Faculty of Commerce), Victoria University of Wellington. Prior to joining Victoria University in 2017, he served on the faculties of the Melbourne Business School (Australia), Rutgers Business Sch...
Don O’Sullivan joined Melbourne Business School in 2008 as an Associate Professor of Marketing. After completing his PhD at University College Cork, Don continued at Cork as a lecturer for eight years before travelling to Dublin to become the Director of Strategic Marketing at TecBrand. Don’s r...
Jill Klein joined Melbourne Business School in 2009 as a Professor of Marketing and is also a Professorial Fellow at the Melbourne Medical School. After completing her PhD in Social Psychology at the University of Michigan, Jill joined the faculty at Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Nort...
Vivek first joined Melbourne Business School in 1996 and was a Senior Lecturer and then Associate Professor for eight years. In October 2016, he re-joined the School as Associate Professor of Strategy and Academic Director Executive MBA Programs. Following his PhD in Economics at Yale Universi...
I am a senior leadership facilitator and executive coach having practiced in this field for sixteen years. Previously I worked in the Australian investment banking industry with six years at CEO level. Returning to university after almost twenty years of banking experience I studied the behaviour...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.