Leading People and Culture for Business Impact Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
In a world of radical transformation, effective leaders of people and culture are critical to an organisation’s success. But how do we respond to innovation and the changing nature of work? How do we plan to adapt in a world where 98% of roles will be impacted by new technologies? How do we think differently to organize work and build culture? How do we move from where we are to where we need to be?
Why this programme?
This highly experiential programme equips ambitious, mid-career professionals with the skills to answer these questions. Participants expand their capability to think strategically, behave collaboratively and make value-driven decisions. They develop an enterprise leadership mindset and skills for communicating and collaborating with other business leaders to make change.
- Innovation and the changing nature of work – what do we do NOW?
- Developing and executing strategy
- Understanding and relating to ‘business’ and costing the intangibles (or the ‘soft’ stuff)
- Building cultures that adapt to change
- Learning to collaborate and communicate across boundaries
- Demonstrating executive presence
Each module includes a mix of:
- Interactive workshops with senior Business School faculty
- Leading industry speakers and facilitators
- Live case studies on effective people and culture strategies and initiatives
- Peer group interaction between modules and group-based learning
- Readings and strategic conversations
- Work on strategic initiatives for the sponsoring organisation
- Mentoring to be successful
- Reflection on the application of learning on the job
Individual and organisational benefits
- Get an ‘inside look’ at some of NZ’s leading companies and government departments and learn how they are meeting their challenges
- Learn how the industry is changing and identify trends that will shape the future of work
- Meet peers and leaders with whom they can form strong and lasting relationships
- Be mentored and coached by the best business, academic and industry experts
- Undertake a strategic project designed to make a real difference to their organisation
The organisation will:
- Gain ROI through implementation of the participant’s strategic initiative
- Achieve greater leadership bench strength
- Partner with the Business School and gain access to diverse networks across organisations that can minimise reinvention and provide valuable counse
Who should attend
- Suitable for participants from any field who want to understand better how to work with people and culture in rapidly changing times
- HR, OD, capability and leaders of people who wish to grow into strategic leadership roles
- Professionals with the potential to progress to senior leadership roles within the next five years