Who should attend
This advanced-level course is designed for executives and senior-level directors who plan to undertake a new initiative, or whose organization is currently undergoing change.
Note: as the program focuses on change influence from the highest organizational levels, it is not suitable for middle managers, supervisors, team leaders or administrative support staff.
About the course
Develop a Change Strategy that Aligns with Organizational Objectives
Designed for executives and senior leaders, this course will equip you with principles, tools and techniques for planning, executing and integrating the changes needed to drive your company’s strategy. Learn steps you can apply to varying scales of change initiatives, and develop a game plan to build support. Sustain momentum for change while applying a disciplined approach to communicate clearly, resource accurately and avoid surprises.
Benefits for you
- Elucidate the impact a business initiative will have on the organization
- Understand how to identify and deal with projects that go wrong
- Design a comprehensive and structured approach to change efforts
- Provide your people with the insights, skills and inspiration needed to do things differently
- Build a shared vision of success by embedding a communication plan into the change strategy
- Integrate change into the organization as smoothly as possible
- Change management framework: forces that drive organizational change, aligning change initiatives to organizational strategy, guiding principles for leading change
- Managing stakeholders: involving stakeholders from the outset, encouraging them to buy into and lead change, ensuring that change remains aligned to strategy, communicating throughout the change, identifying behaviours that need to be encouraged or eliminated, supporting a new direction by mobilizing relevant aspects of organizational culture
- Building the change management plan: key components of the change management plan, creating response-management and training plans, preparing the change management team and sponsors, branding the change to capture interest and commitment
You will follow a step-by-step example of an enormously successful change implemented by a well-established British Columbia organization. By applying these techniques to your own current initiative, you will experience the process of collaborative planning firsthand.
Tracey Gurton has been lecturing in the Sauder School of Business at UBC for 6 years. During that time she has taught undergraduates, masters students in two faculties, and business executives. She has also taught in similar programs at Simon Fraser University and the British Columbia Institute o...
Robert (Bob) Elton served as President and Chief Executive Officer of BC Hydro, a public‐owned energy company in the province of British Columbia, Canada, from November 2003 to December 2009. Before joining BC Hydro, Mr. Elton was Chief Financial Officer of Eldorado Gold Corporation from 1996 to ...
Robyn Crisanti is the Director, Public Affairs, for the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority, which manages the Port of Vancouver. Robyn oversees government and media relations and drives the strategic management of issues. Robyn has over 30 years of experience in marketing and strategic communication...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.