Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program is targeted to senior executives endeavoring to guide and catalyze significant and sustainable change. If you are in the midst of, or about to initiate, important changes to processes, strategies, structures, or culture, this program is for you.
The program is especially recommended for leaders who are looking for new ideas, eager to engage with fellow participants in discussion, consultation, and experiential exercises, and committed to implementing an action plan for change in their business, non-profit, or governmental organization.
About the course
Learn powerful methods to revitalize your organization, to gain cooperation, to improve strategic thinking and creative problem solving, to boost performance, and to extract maximum benefit from new opportunities.
Today’s senior leaders must guide the successful implementation of new, more effective strategies while promoting the drive, morale, commitment, agility, initiative, and vision of their people. This program for change leadership equips you to create the future of your organization.
Through lectures, discussions, small group interaction, and numerous hands-on activities, we connect state-of-the-art, research-based concepts and principles to best practices in leading change and innovation. The atmosphere is active and open—sometimes even playful. The program attracts participants from a wide array of functions, industries, and countries. We draw on the group’s collective experiences as well as on case studies from a variety of sources and media, covering a broad range of leadership challenges. Each day of the program, you apply the tools and concepts learned in the program to a real organizational change case of your own and consult with fellow participants to prepare for the challenges ahead.
By attending this program, you will:
- Build organizational resilience.
- Move from competing agendas to organizational alignment.
- See the "big picture" of the complexities of change.
- Drive creativity and flexibility in problem solving.
- Leverage dilemmas to enhance organizational strategy.
- Ready your organization to seize new opportunities.
- Create an effective plan of action to achieve change and innovation in your organization.
- Benefit from post-program consultation with the program faculty.
Building Organizational Resilience
- Establish trust and credibility as a leader
- Create a change-ready climate
- Build and maintain a shared vision
- Uncover crucial managerial and strategic dilemmas
- Recognize and manage "natural tensions"
- Use dilemmas to create better strategies and tactics
Seeing and Communicating the Big Picture
- Understand the sources of unintended consequences
- Use "Systems Thinking" to reduce chaos
- Improve coordination while avoiding "working at cross purposes"
Leading Diverse Stakeholders to a Common Future
- Uncover conflicting goals, beliefs, and expectations within your organization
- Manage differences and rivalries
- Understand your organizational culture and subcultures
Encouraging Creativity and Flexibility in Problem Solving
- Frame problems for optimal solution
- Foster innovative thinking
- Build top-notch teams for recognizing and seizing new opportunities
Winning Hearts and Minds
- Recognize the mental blocks to accepting new ideas
- Win over skeptics and naysayers
- Overcome resistance to change
Developing New Skills and Behaviors
- Motivate people in times of transition
- Provide feedback that people will accept and use
- Manage performance
Developing Action Plans
- Create concrete strategies for leading organizational change
- Get everyone on board for the trip
- Lead up: Upward change management
Joshua Klayman studies processes of judgment and decision making, with special interests in how people learn, or fail to learn, from experience and feedback. He is interested in applications of experimental research to problems in organizational change, managerial decision making, innovation, and...
Jackie Gnepp is a licensed consulting psychologist with extensive experience as an executive coach, organizational consultant, and manager in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. She is an expert in constructive managerial feedback, in helping groups successfully manage team and organizatio...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.