Leading Multicultural Teams
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUCB Graduate School of Management.Full disclaimer.
The primary purpose of this course is to provide students with an opportunity to develop a better understanding of the dynamics of multicultural groups and teams and to learn intervention skills to improve individual, team and organizational performance. We will explore multicultural implications for individual, team, and organizational effectiveness. We will intentionally utilize the diversity in the classroom to shape several levels of a multicultural and intercultural learning laboratory and community.
- Learn first-hand about the challenges of acting in a multi-cultural environment
- Utilize inter cultural models to enhance self and other awareness, reflection and understanding
- Explore relevant theory and research that underlies effective multicultural management
- Identify implications of the field of multicultural management for understanding and managing diversity in the organizational context
- Better understand the types of challenges and the complexity when conducting business cross national cultures
- Establish that ideas about key leadership elements such as providing constructive feedback and motivating employees may vary dramatically from one cultural environment to another
- Demonstrate how to effectively implement the management system and organizational culture in international M&A
- Show the importance of identifying and developing culturally competent global leaders to bring cultural differences at both the individual and the organizational level
Diversity within a firm
- Identify the challenges and opportunities presented by diversifying the workforce, specifically by taking on new employees with different backgrounds, skills and personality attributes to the existing employees
- Evaluate the role of a company’s history in determining a company’s culture, and the obstacles that this presents as the company’s strategy changes
- Examine the elements of a systemic approach to achieving diversity and inclusion globally
- Strengthen students’ understanding of the leadership challenges of managing differences