Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Individual Contributor
- Team Leader
- Senior Management
About the course
Develop new skills and perspectives to lead your team and organization mindfully through an unprecedented period of crisis. This virtual program will help you to manage strong reactions, center yourself and connect with others, even from a distance.
Enhance virtual skill development, resilience and understanding as we collectively navigate this historical crisis. This approach follows best practices of learning neuroscience, interleaving learning and practice in a “real time” setting, resulting in more effective personal and organizational results.
The entire program will run over a four-week period. Live virtual classes will meet via Zoom. Between live virtual classes, participants will practice daily exercises, apply learning in real-time in their own settings, and check-in with peers and instructors via an online learning platform.
Embark on a personal leadership journey that is designed for leaders at any level who need to strengthen their resilience and learn to lead with intention. Grow your capacity for self-management so you can engage and communicate more mindfully, generating more effective personal and organizational results.
- Bring your own personal leadership challenges and work on them directly through experiential learning.
- Identify and transform personal triggers and habits of attention that influence your ability to take effective action in a crisis.
- Engage in exercises - inspired by meditation, yoga, improvisation and acting - all designed to help you observe your own leadership in action.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes:
Reflective Writing: Leadership Challenges
The selected case studies, readings, assessments, and exercises will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Outcomes & Impact
- Incorporate daily, practical methods for centering yourself and projecting a leadership presence that rings true in you and with others.
- Become more present so you can focus on the right priorities for yourself and your organization during an ongoing crisis.
- Increase your resilience and ability to self-manage while increasing your team’s resilience and ability to self-manage.
- Engage your people and communicate with greater clarity and effectiveness.
- Create a resilient organizational culture.
Jeremy Hunter, PhD is the great-grandson of a sumo wrestler. He serves as Associate Professor of Practice at the Peter F. Drucker Graduate School of Management. For over a decade, he has helped leaders develop themselves while retaining their humanity in the face of monumental change and challen...
Education: B.A., MA, University of Virginia; Ph.D., Northwestern University As an award-winning teacher and associate professor, Lili Powell leads MBA, EMBA and Executive Education classes in leadership, management and corporate communication at the University of Virginia''s Darden School of Bus...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.