About the course
Proactively and responsibly support your employees’ mental wellbeing
Mental health has always been an important factor in how our employees, teams and organisations succeed. But perhaps it has only been in recent years that leaders and managers have acknowledged the role they have to play in ensuring the mental well-being of those they work with.
Without a doubt the Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted many of the issues that organisations must deal with, but the need to support the mental health of everyone within the business existed before the pandemic and will continue to do so, likely even more than before.
Through the modules within Leading Mental Health in the Workplace, we will support you in bringing an extra dimension to your leadership – one which allows you to increase the effectiveness of your organisation as a whole.
Supporting good mental health in and beyond the workplace is now a necessity for employers as the connection between positive mental health and effective, balanced work life is more apparent than ever.
- Grounded in rigorous research – As the importance of mental health becomes more widely acknowledged, make sure the guidance and knowledge you receive is reliable – with our academic expert, we have ensured that this programme is grounded in reliable, practical and academically led content.
- For now and the future – This is a programme that will help you face current challenges personally and professionally, as well as preparing and equipping yourself for future challenges. Each module is highly relevant to the current context and will also be vital foundations for organisational mental health in the future.
- Highly practical – At the Møller Institute, we go beyond just learning and understanding – you will learn, apply and practise tools and techniques to support mental health at both individual and team levels.
- Fully online – All modules are delivered in a virtual environment, allowing you to access the learning and content safely and conveniently.
- Interactive – Connecting with real people in our live sessions is designed to go beyond pre-recorded videos and lessons so that you can learn from others in similar situations and expand your networks.
Benefits of the programme
You will be able to support your immediate team and the wider organisation to understand and solve challenges around mental wellness as you work together to create a productive and supportive working environment. You will also gain insights into ways in which you can identify, overcome and resolve workplace issues which affect employee mental health.
Your team will benefit from enhanced knowledge, sensitivity and awareness which you bring, allowing them to be more effective in their roles and leading to an environment of mutual support, understanding and openness to sharing challenges they face.
Your organisation will be able to develop a culture which recognises the importance of the effective management of mental health and wellbeing, and recognise the impact it has on day-to-day working. As an organisation, you will be able to discuss this critical issue and incorporate it into your strategic approaches as you build your organisational success.
Leading Mental Health in the Workplace is made up of three modules, the three modules are:
- Mental health and effective working
- Building motivation and confidence
- Building your team’s tolerance of uncertainty
- You are able to register for the combined programme, which includes a certificate of completion, or alternatively each module can be taken individually.
Details of each module can be found below.
Module 1: Mental health and effective working
The ‘mental health and effective working’ module will explore the relationship between mental wellbeing and workplace performance; how to increase productivity while not compromising work-life balance; and actionable strategies for getting rid of distractions and attaining work flow.
Participants will leave the module with practical tools that they can take back to their organisations to apply their learning and make a tangible difference in their workplace.
- To evaluate how mental wellbeing can affect and enhance efficient working.
- To understand the signs of stress and burnout, and how this impacts productivity.
- To use science-based strategies of agile leadership to encourage people to work faster and in a productive way, without putting in overtime or compromising work-life balance.
- To use practical tools and approaches to create a plan to support your team’s mental health in the workplace, achieve flow, and increase engagement.
Module 2: Building motivation and confidence
The ‘building motivation and confidence’ module will explore the concepts of motivation and confidence in the workplace to evaluate why they may fluctuate.
This module is designed to help participants create practical actions that they can take back to the workplace to enhance team or an individual’s confidence and motivation. Participants will also learn how to develop a growth mindset, and research-based techniques for reframing challenges.
- To define motivation and confidence and the workplace factors that can impact them.
- To identify the ways an individual can build motivation and confidence, personally and professionally.
- To understand the factors that contribute to a growth mindset, which fuels success.
- To use practical tools and approaches to build motivation and confidence individually, as well as in a team.
- To employ three actionable strategies to change mindset.
Module 3: Building your team’s tolerance of uncertainty
The ‘building your team’s tolerance of uncertainty’ module is specifically relevant to the current context of the global pandemic, drawing together how teams have been affected by the changes which have already occurred alongside anticipation of future ambiguity. By being able to identify the early signs of low tolerance, fearful mindsets, participants will be able to support their teams and themselves before the full impact is felt on performance.
- To understand why some people and teams react negatively to uncertain situations while others face them with a calm determination.
- To demonstrate knowledge of how to anticipate and identify challenges with tolerance and fearful mindsets within a team in the context of uncertainty.
- To learn about the practical tools that can build tolerance of uncertainty and decisiveness within a team context.
- To learn research-based strategies for becoming more decisive, even in the face of adversity.
- To establish ways to build tolerance, decisiveness, and learn how to thrive at an individual and team level, even in the face of uncertain situations or events.
Dr Olivia Remes is a mental health researcher at the University of Cambridge, a coach, and motivational speaker. Olivia has developed a system of coping strategies that help people thrive and flourish, attain mental wellbeing, and overcome setbacks in life. She has delivered seminars and webina...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.