Who should attend
Managers, Directors, Project Managers, Project team leads, Supervisors and other professionals with strategic and tactical information about leading a successful change effort in an organization.
About the course
Successfully inspire and motivate change as a leader in your organization
Effectively lead change in your organization with the tools and frameworks to successfully embrace the challenges in today’s workplace.
Why take this course?
- To learn about the elements of an effective organizational change process.
- To review the emotional cycle of Change.
- To understand the differences in change efforts during “good times” and “tough/unstable times”.
- To explain the importance of maintaining a “Total Enterprise” mindset when creating Change.
- To identify the elements for communicating effectively for gaining support from those above and below you.
- To learn the QUICK communication system/framework for simplifying communications about change.
- To discuss factors which are associated with success or failure in any change effort.
- To describe the major phases of any Change effort.
- To understand that successful Change is about Leading AND Managing.
- To learn techniques for dealing with negativity.
- To understand the importance of Trust & Credibility.
- To discuss ways to manage your self-talk, keeping a positive attitude.
Leading and managing change during unstable, tough, or chaotic times is different than change during good times. However, the good news is, the dynamics of change and the major phases of change do not vary based on the times we are in. The bad news is, during unstable times there is low tolerance for error and missteps. Managers and supervisors must use judgment to determine what aspects of the dynamics of change need to be emphasized AND to make things happen quickly.
During unstable times, the core issue for many people is personal survival. In many organizations “politics” become fierce because putting bread on the table, ensuring the health of family, making mortgage and loan payments, and coping with an uncertain future become consuming top of mind priority issues. In addition, well-intended straight-forward actions changes can be viewed with suspicion. Though all skills sets are important when creating and implementing change, in unstable times, it is your people skills that will prove to be most valuable.
The purpose of this session is focused on providing participants with strategic and tactical information about leading a successful change effort in an organization. This session has been specifically created to provide participants with tools and frameworks to successfully embrace the challenge of leading and managing change given the realities of today’s workplace.
President, Simul Corporation Sid Ridgley specializes in areas focused on leadership development for the Schulich School of Business, York University. He provides insights, guidance and practical tips & hints to leaders in their pursuit of creating organizational workplaces that are customer...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.