Who should attend
Managers, Directors, Project Managers, Project team leads, Supervisors and other professionals with strategic and tactical information about leading a successful change effort in an organization.
About the course
How to create an organization dedicated to achieving key goals with increased potential for handling the future.
This course is designed to increase participants’ knowledge of what steps and skills are important for successfully leading and managing change in an organization. Particularly when the goal is to improve, develop, or transform the people involved in order to better meet the challenges of their current operational environment.
History often gets in the way of any new change effort, because previous change projects have been negative for the people involved! While we can’t fix yesterday, we can invite everyone to make a contribution towards an improved and different organization – one which is flexible enough to deal with future challenges. We also need to recognize that energy comes from emotion, both for or against any change effort, and not logic. Therefore how organizational leaders communicate and manage the people side of change
Participants learn through dyad and small group discussions and a group/team decision making exercise titled: The Organizational Change Challenge about the activities that should be carried out in initiating, planning, implementing and institutionalizing organizational change.
- To define the term organizational change
- To learn about the elements of an effective organizational change process
- To discuss factors which are associated with success or failure in any change effort
- To learn about what manager and leader activities/behaviours are needed in each phase of a change initiative
- To review sources of individual and organizational resistance to change
- To discover activities to change or improve an organization’s current approach to change
- To identify elements for communicating effectively before, during and post change
President, Simul Corporation Sid Ridgley specializes in areas focused on leadership development for the Schulich School of Business, York University. He provides insights, guidance and practical tips & hints to leaders in their pursuit of creating organizational workplaces that are customer...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.