Who should attend
This course is recommended for all learning and development managers or those in roles involving leading a learning function and a team within their organisation.
About the course
This three day course is aimed primarily at L&D managers and all those with leading functions in L&D within their organisation. It covers the following themes: leading learning that drives performance, leading stakeholder in the learning process, and leading a learning team.
During the course you’ll:
- discuss the key purposes of the learning and development function in organisations
- explore key stakeholders and their role and requirements in the learning process
- explain how to develop a strategic, flexible and agile learning and development plan that is aligned to the mission, vision, and values of the organisation
- define the roles required within L&D and discuss the resulting development needs
- identify a range of technical skills and behaviours needed to successfully lead learning and development to drive performance within an organisation.
By attending this three consecutive day, face-to-face, and highly interactive programme you will benefit by:
- leading more effective and impactful L&D strategies in your organisation
- building constructive and purposeful relationships with your stakeholder
- providing clear leadership and guidance to your L&D team to deliver learning aligned with your organisational objective and therefore driving performance.
Leading learning that drives performance
- what is the purpose of L&D in the organisation?
- where does L&D sit within the organisations
- what are the key shifts shaping learning?
- what is our L&D brand and why it matters?
Leading stakeholders in the learning process
- who are our key stakeholders and what are their expectations?
- why is performance consulting a key approach in dealing with stakeholders?
Leading by delivering learning impact
- how can we align learning to the organisational goals
- how to develop a strategic, flexible and agile learning and development plan that is aligned to the mission, vision, and values of the organisation
- how can we drive performance through learning?
- new research report … 4 key areas.
Leading the learning team
- what leadership skills are required for the modern L&D function?
- what team roles may be needed in the learning team?
- what key skills and competences must we develop and how?
- systematic learning cycle
- what is the role of data and metrics in learning impact?
- managing people.
- leading the learning team (continued)
- leading through my action plan.
I’m Laurell Hector. I’m a learning and development professional specialising in helping people who are newly appointed to managerial roles to get things right first time and to succeed quickly. I write and deliver learning and development programmes that focus on helping managers to deal effecti...
Founder of Emotion at Work, fascinated by people, identity, behaviour, culture and learning. I've made a promise to make work better for everyone by placing emotion at the heart of work. Occasionally I'm told that I care too much. Most often that helps as it drives me to do brilliant work tha...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.