Leading Learning and Development
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
Learn how to gain essential skills for leading a future-focused L&D function.
This three day course is aimed primarily at L&D managers and all those with leading functions in L&D within their organisation. It covers the following themes: leading learning that drives performance, leading stakeholder in the learning process, and leading a learning team.
By attending this three consecutive day, face-to-face, and highly interactive programme you will benefit by:
- leading more effective and impactful L&D strategies in your organisation
- building constructive and purposeful relationships with your stakeholder
- providing clear leadership and guidance to your L&D team to deliver learning aligned with your organisational objective and therefore driving performance.
The objectives of this course are to:
- discuss the key purposes of the learning and development function in organisations
- explore key stakeholders and their role and requirements in the learning process
- explain how to develop a strategic, flexible and agile learning and development plan that is aligned to the mission, vision, and values of the organisation
- define the roles required within L&D and discuss the resulting development needs
- identify a range of technical skills and behaviours needed to successfully lead learning and development to drive performance within an organisation.
What will be covered in this programme?
Leading learning that drives performance
- what is the purpose of L&D in the organisation?
- where does L&D sit within the organisations
- what are the key shifts shaping learning?
- what is our L&D brand and why it matters?
Leading stakeholders in the learning process
- who are our key stakeholders and what are their expectations?
- why is performance consulting a key approach in dealing with stakeholders?
Leading by delivering learning impact
- how can we align learning to the organisational goals
- how to develop a strategic, flexible and agile learning and development plan that is aligned to the mission, vision, and values of the organisation
- how can we drive performance through learning?
- new research report … 4 key areas.
Leading the learning team
- what leadership skills are required for the modern L&D function?
- what team roles may be needed in the learning team?
- what key skills and competences must we develop and how?
- systematic learning cycle
- what is the role of data and metrics in learning impact?
- managing people.
- leading the learning team (continued)
- leading through my action plan.
Who should attend
Learning and development managers or those in roles involving leading a learning function and a team.