Who should attend
This program is ideal for mid- to senior-level leaders who are responsible for leading transformations in healthcare, retail, manufacturing and service industries.
About the course
Get the tools and frameworks to help your organization respond to industry disruption in the face of economically-challenging times.
Challenging times require radical business process transformations. Focus on your organization’s core purpose, streamline processes and showcase value-creating activities. In this program, you will learn to use data to drive problem-solving, get buy-in from key stakeholders and create a continuous-improvement culture. You will develop your critical thinking skills to include lean concepts plus learn how People, Processes and Purpose interrelate to create value and competitive advantage for your organization.
In this three-day program, you will get hands-on experience implementing Darden faculty’s original “A3” Framework for leading Lean transformations - in any function, and at all levels - across your organization. You’ll answer the four key questions that are critical for integrating strategy, innovation and customer focus, and thriving in a VUCA marketplace.
Impact & Outcomes
As a result of completing this program, participants will be able to...
- Understand what Lean is and how to implement Lean concepts within an organization.
- Describe the purpose, benefits, and critical issues of continuous improvement.
- Understand how purpose is related to the success of a Lean transformation.
- Identify key metrics for the success of a Lean transformation.
- Discuss the importance of monitoring and managing processes.
- Gain buy-in from key stakeholders for transformation projects.
- Create a Lean mindset and culture within an organization.
Lean continuously strives to improve safety, quality, flexibility, and productivity by involving all employees in problem solving every day.
Education: B.S., B.A., MBA, Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania Oliver Wight Professor of Business Administration Elliott N. Weiss teaches in the Technology and Operations Management area at Darden. He is the author of numerous articles in the areas of production and operations management and has...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.