Leading Lawyers in a Complex World
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Møller Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
Leading lawyers in a complex world – transformational leadership for law firm partners
An immersive residential course – structured to fit around your busy life leading a law firm – created by the Møller Institute, Churchill College at the University of Cambridge – this programme provides partners and senior business professionals in law firms with a practical and in-depth understanding of the challenges that face law firm leaders in today’s complex markets.
Leading Lawyers will give you the toolkit to lead your firm and will develop your skills to ensure you and your firm thrive in the face of new competitors, an uncertain marketplace, digital disruption and multiple new business opportunities.
Your personal growth and transformation is at the heart of this programme, which brings together a fusion of practical and creative leadership development underpinned by evidence-based intellectual thinking and strong expertise in the professional service firms arena.
Transform yourself, your team and your firm
Uncertain times demand great leadership. While law firms report increasing profits, many express concerns over the road ahead. In the UK, the impact of Brexit looms large and will have an unpredictable effect on legal service demand. Globally there are concerns about the possibility of trade wars, increasing protectionism and uncertainty over the future behaviour of major world powers.
If you worry about increasing salary inflation, the entry of the ‘Big Four’ accounting firms to legal services and whether Artificial Intelligence and new technology will change the way in which legal services are managed and delivered then this programme will support you with the very best in leadership research, theory and practice.
The Four Market Leadership Pillars you will focus on in the programme
- Market leadership – articulating why clients should choose to work with your firm, rather than your closest competitors; developing and pricing premium services; and outpacing your rivals, including new entrants
- Team leadership – strengthening your ability to build superior performance in your teams and honing influencing skills that work on your fellow partners in the context of practice, sectorgroup, or firm leadership roles
- You – helping you better understand yourself, your strengths and weaknesses and the impact that you have upon your own team, your partners and your clients
- Leadership in a global context – recognising the increasingly international nature of legal work, enhancing your capability to operate across jurisdictions, with a deeper awareness of cultural differences and traditions
Core focus areas
- Personal leadership as a partner and influencer in the firm – resilience and resourcefulness
- What clients want, leading value creation, pricing and business development
- Peer to peer leadership and the leadership of change
- Building high performance with talented (and difficult) people
- Trends and strategies in the legal market – the new economics of firms – what is working and why
- Effective firm communication
- Skills of coaching, mentoring and role modelling
- Developing talented professionals – bringing on the next generations
Who should attend
- Law firm partners in leadership and management positions
- Those in line to take up such positions and responsibilities
- Senior Business Services Professionals whose work supports the fee earners in the business