About the course
These days, the volume-to-value transition in health care requires physician leaders to seek better ways to deliver care. By applying systematic and team-based approaches, they can innovate health care in incremental, achievable steps. This course offers insight into what's behind successful innovation and what it takes to achieve it.
- Proper investment and application of the two-part innovation challenge within an organization
- The steps necessary to achieve successful innovation leadership and team development
- The four main types of innovative ideas, and their application in medicine
- The responsibilities and structure of an ideal innovation team
- Determine the importance of proper investment and application of the two-part innovation challenge within an organization.
- Identify the steps necessary to achieve successful innovation leadership and team development in today’s health care environment.
- Illustrate the history of both medical innovation and culture, relative to cost, over the last century.
- Define the four (4) main types of innovative ideas and their application in medicine.
- Explain the responsibilities and structure of an ideal innovation team.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.