Who should attend
This programme is designed for anyone with either a formal or an informal remit to manage, or contribute to, innovation initiatives in an organisation. You may already be in a managerial position as a leader of a small team or a larger department, or are about to step into a managerial position. The programme is designed to suit a range of industry sectors, including services, retail, manufacturing, and product development.
About the course
At Bristol Business School, our portfolio of open programmes offers you and your business a flexible learning solution. We have a range of programmes covering a wide range of topics, including Finance, Strategy, Marketing, Leadership, Coaching and Mentoring, Innovation, and Design Thinking, among many others. Our programmes are delivered by experienced practitioners and academics, who combine cutting-edge thinking with a practical, real-world focus, ensuring our programmes meet professional and industry needs.
Innovation management remains a key feature of any organisational strategy, regardless of whether it is explicitly defined or not, and increasingly, it is a skillset that is in demand in the contemporary work environment. An effective introduction of innovation requires the ability to challenge the status quo; cultivate the creative potential of the workforce; and most importantly, convert creative outputs into tangible outcomes. While some organisations do this as a matter of routine, for others it is somewhat of a black art. The reality is that innovation is a management practice that can be orchestrated methodically, hence it does not have to be a game of chances.
This short, sharp, one-day programme will introduce you to the latest concepts and practices around innovation, and give you the essential tools, techniques, and hints and tips that are crucial for starting or managing an innovation journey.
What do I get out of it?
By the end of the programme you will be:
- Able to apply a number of creativity tools and techniques
- Able to run group sessions to facilitate creativity
- Familiar with practical approaches to gaining customer insights
- Equipped with useful approaches for converting ideas into projects
- Familiar with practical approaches for stimulating and sustaining innovation in an organisation
- Able to scope out innovation as a management process
What does it cover?
The programme will cover the following topics:
- The definition and scope of innovation management
- Examples of how other organisations manage innovation
- The role of creativity in innovation
- Core principles of creativity
- Creativity tools and techniques
- Approaches for gathering deep customer insights
- A method for selecting winning ideas
- An introduction to innovation strategy
- Factors that influence and facilitate a culture of innovation
How will I learn?
This stimulating programme with feature a rich mix of real-life examples, lectures, and group sessions. It is designed to be highly engaging and practical. As such, participants are expected to contribute their own perspectives and take an active part in group activities.
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.