Who should attend
You are an executive responsible for managing others and need guidance on how to lead effectively in a digital age. You will interact with other like-minded executives looking for innovative ways of improving their digital leadership capabilities.
Your class is individually put together through a selection process to ensure that you experience the most impactful learning with a truly diverse group of global peers. Your class will become a trusted resource, encourage your learning journey and surprise you in many unanticipated beneficial ways both during and beyond your classroom experience.
About the course
- Recognize your strengths and weaknesses in the digital leadership space and improve where needed to become an effective leader in this new environment
- Get hands-on practice with the skills and capabilities to lead in disruptive environments
- Understand how to collaborate and build teams in new ways
- Leave the program with a personal leadership plan for leading in the digital age
Master digital leadership: Change how you and your team work
Do you have what it takes to lead in a digital age? Do you feel equipped with the necessary leadership skills to thrive in this new frontier?
Leading in the Digital Age (LDA), part of IMD’s Digital Business Series, provides you with tools to develop the skills and capabilities you’ll need to be an effective leader in an era of perpetual change and disruption.
The program offers a practical learning approach, backed up by theory and research. You’ll receive personalized feedback on your digital leadership capabilities and work with both IMD faculty and specially-trained coaches to understand how to capitalize on your strengths and improve your weaknesses.
To give you a well-rounded understanding of leading in a digital age, we strongly recommend that you pair your experience with Mastering Digital Technologies or Digital Strategy.
Content & learning
To develop your digital leadership skills you will explore topics such as mindset-shifting, hyperawareness of the external environment, and comfort with ambiguity. You also tackle such dilemmas as leading and motivating virtual teams, challenges and opportunities around diversity in the digital age, and how to lead in an era of extreme uncertainty and speed-of-change.
- Day 1 – Understand what it means to lead in the digital age and how the model of leadership has changed.
- Day 2 – Engage in personalized work with coaches based on your own assessed strengths and weaknesses, learning from the real-life experiences of digital leaders and your fellow participants.
- Day 3 – Complete your leadership development plan to drive positive, meaningful change once you return to your organization.
Robert Hooijberg is Professor of Organizational Behaviour at IMD. He has a PhD from the University of Michigan and teaches at IMD in Lausanne. His areas of special interest are leadership, negotiations, team building, digital transformation and organizational culture. Before joining IMD in Sept...
Jennifer Jordan is a social psychologist and is Professor of Leadership and Organizational Behavior at IMD. Professor Jordan's teaching, research, and consulting focus on the areas of corporate and individual ethics, power, leadership, and negotiation. Professor Jordan has received specialized t...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.