About the course
Business and industry are shifting at an exponential rate. Whether it's new business models or the many technologies enabling disruption, we are on the cusp of a massive transformation in all aspects of our lives. This interactive and fast-paced session is designed to help non-tech oriented managers better understand the current landscape of disruptive technologies, identify opportunities in their own organization/industry, and equip them with a plan to ensure relevance in an ever-changing landscape - regardless of industry.
Introduction: The future is exponential
- The landscape of change
Segment One: Discovering The Future
- Discuss foundational concepts of disruptive technology (Gartner hype curve, Moore's Law, 6Ds of Disruption, Cognitive Biases)
- Discuss 20+ disruptive technologies and their applications (experiential gallery walk)
- Learning activities: videos, case studies, discussion, lecturette
Segment Two: Disrupting Business & Industry
- Action learning: Whose disrupting your industry? Who's disrupting your role?
- Learning activities: small group action research, discussion, lecturette, video
Segment Three: Delivering Results - The Exponential Leader
- Attributes of exponential leaders (tech fluency, digital mindset, framing the question, thinking on the margins/engaging the margins, continuous learning, hacking the value chain
- Learning activities: Walk and talk, discussion, lecturette, video
Conclusion: Your future is exponential
- Resources to help your learning
- Quote - "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Diamandis
Scott J. Allen, Ph.D., is the Standard Products—Dr. James S. Reid Chair in Management at John Carroll University. Allen is an associate professor and teaches courses in leadership, management skills, and executive communication. In 2014 he was awarded the Wasmer Outstanding Teaching Award for his...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.